Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 10:28 AM
Kobold

Default Did you roll something different this time around?

I'm going to be finally playing P1999 after going back and forth with a few different MMOs over the last few months. As with most of you, I too played EQ back in the day, 2001-2007 to be exact (The Nameless server ftw).

This led me to start debating what I wanted to play. During classic, I was a druid and only a druid. I was never really any good at having alts. I've flip-flopped on which classes to play on P1999, but that's not really the point of this post. I'm curious if many of you who played back in the day are playing what you did back then, or if you went another direction completely to avoid spoiling any fond memories you have from classic.
Old 09-28-2014, 01:52 PM
Skeleton

I've played a warrior main on PC. Then a cleric main on AlKabor. Here I've rolled a shaman as my main and loving it.

I've always really enjoyed grouping and raiding. But this time around I wanted the option of soloing to be a bit less painful. Loving out so far. Although I rarely solo
Old 09-28-2014, 03:00 PM
Kobold

I played a druid in classic and play one again on P99. I've also played many classes in an end-game scenario between then and now, but playing a druid on P99 really does bring back some nostalgia from the old days. I wouldn't say it has spoiled anything at all. There are some major differences, but also many similarities.

The one thing I look forward too on this server is the ability to roll as many alts as I want and level them at their own pace. There is ample opportunity to experience every class at some point and not feel as if I am getting left behind. Most likely my "main" will not be the druid in the long run but I still enjoy playing him nonetheless.

I think a lot of people come to this server with a min/max attitude and regret it. I know I did. I first played a year ago and tried leveling an untwinked rogue solely because I wanted to be the "best" dps class. Burned out very quickly and didn't return to the server until about a month ago, when I started the druid. Having much more fun this time around focusing on the adventure instead of the destination.
Last edited by Wenuven; 09-28-2014 at 04:02 PM..
Old 09-28-2014, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

During classic live, my main was a DE SK. I tried recreating him, but my heart just wasn't in it for some reason.

After several choices, I ended up with an Iksar Warrior. I never got to experience beginning Kunark (levels 1-30) on live, and I've enjoyed it a lot. I really don't have a desire to go to Antonica or Faydwer again.
Old 09-29-2014, 03:46 AM
Aviak

I played a shaman on Live and a druid on Progression. (Plus tons of alts of course.) I chose a druid here because I couldn't recreate my old shaman (froggie), and I simply must have sow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-29-2014, 06:22 AM
Fire Giant

Was a 55Mage on live back in the day.

Have a 60 Druid now. Not sure why because I usually hate the druid class in most MMOs, probably because it's the easiest class to get max level (along side bard). Don't really consider him my main, more so my plat making class.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:41 AM
Aviak

I played a 65 mage on live with a ranger alt.

I played a 56 druid here as my first and now have an enchanter as my alt.

I am enjoying playing classes that aren't similar to each other. Gets that fresh breath of experience and knowing how to play multiple classes helps your knowledge level for groups a lot, knowing what each class goes through. My enchanter is only lvl 22, but already I am starting to get a feel for how much a good enchanter has to do in a high level play environment. I always knew they were busy if done right, but never knew exactly how busy. Im just hoping to be able to be a decent one, lol.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:25 AM
Large Rat

I was a ranger til Luclin, then a warrior. On p99 I rolled a bard. For me, a big part of the fun is learning a new class -- although I am afraid everything will seem boring compared to bard!
Old 09-29-2014, 12:14 PM
Sarnak

I played an enchanter on live. I played a mage to level 60 on here as my first character! I loved the idea of starting something new. It adds some magic to the rediscovery of classic everquest.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:14 PM
Large Bat

Dark Elf 60 Something Enchanter on live, with a Shadowknight not far behind.

When I came here, as much as I love the Enchanter class and its uniqueness to this game, I couldn't bring myself to do it again.

Decided on a Half Elf Bard named Airren, and I love it. I get all the perks of casters/enchanters (Run Speed, Invis, Buffs, DoTs, Faction Modifiers, Debuffs) without the constant medding, and a few melee perks (dual wield, dodge, decent offense/defense, heavy armor, tracking). I really enjoy it, I think it was a great first character on this server. Reached level 13 last night in Befallen!
Closed Thread