Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 03:35 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Why Add Velios?

I am an old school EQ Classic player and am wondering why Project1999 is making the same horrendous mistake that Sony made by over expanding.

I was excited when my friend found this project because Classic EQ(pre-Velious*sp) was the perfect size world for both leveling and pvping. No sooner than I join this game and am having a blast do I read that this project is making the same mistakes that Sony/Verant made.

I quit EQ classic at Luclin because as a PvP player it became impossible to find anyone to fight with the moment Luclin came out. Why would this server that doesn't have nearly the population of EQ in it's prime over-expand to a much larger world?

Are the added zones, which will be 95% deserted, worth it? Is the little bit of extra gear, worth it? I say, No.

Thoughts?
Old 12-02-2014, 04:16 AM
Kobold

I lost quite a few braincells reading your post. Any thoughts on that?
Old 12-02-2014, 04:24 AM
Senior Server Guide

You state the problems happened the moment Luclin came out.

That's good because it's never coming to P99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame View Post
Aussie last seen nerfing troll shaman with gm powers in oasis on blue server. Red as fuck.
Old 12-02-2014, 04:31 AM
Planar Protector

Still pretty red Aussie

Pras
Old 12-02-2014, 04:32 AM
Sarnak

You play red, your expectation is that there are not enough people to pvp on red if they add more zones.

Thoughts... Not enough people like to play red for them to ignore content so you can pvp. If you guys find it to be a problem stick to zones you agree on for pvp. It's not hard to decide you all want to hang out in EJ and gank each other all day long.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:00 AM
Kobold

"Classic" is pretty much considered to be the EQ trilogy (classic+kunark+velious) as you can see the game's giant turn towards terribleness* between Velious and Luclin. It also seems to mark a point in the developmental shift from Verant to SOE for said reasons.

TLDR; Luclin contained such massive changes that the original feel, gameplay, and design of EQ was lost. It was the beginning of the end.

*Non-player ports, new classes/races, new graphics, new carrot system (AA), extreme item stat inflation, ?focus?, new poorly designed features (bazaar/mounts), accessibility features and ease of gameplay
Old 12-02-2014, 06:31 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bracketen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am an old school EQ Classic player and am wondering why Project1999 is making the same horrendous mistake that Sony made by over expanding.

I was excited when my friend found this project because Classic EQ(pre-Velious*sp) was the perfect size world for both leveling and pvping. No sooner than I join this game and am having a blast do I read that this project is making the same mistakes that Sony/Verant made.

I quit EQ classic at Luclin because as a PvP player it became impossible to find anyone to fight with the moment Luclin came out. Why would this server that doesn't have nearly the population of EQ in it's prime over-expand to a much larger world?

Are the added zones, which will be 95% deserted, worth it? Is the little bit of extra gear, worth it? I say, No.

Thoughts?

Ill explain you what happened in Everquest, and whats happening here, from what ive saw:

Everquest -> Expansions came when people finished and make trivial previous one, and had to add different challenges.

P99 Everquest -> Kunark is so CROWDED of level 60 players and alts, wich are stucks to always the same, plus, the raid scene is generating lots of problems cause the amount of guilds that wants to raid and the low raid content, you cant keep it small anymore.

60 Shaman - Spertox <Omni>
Old 12-02-2014, 07:20 AM
Sarnak

nice rupertox... but that EQ had like 4millions player... i have never seem more than 1110 in this one at same time and you all know that mor than half of those 1100 are afk... so... i agree with velious... i dont agree the forced to play beta closing others servers...
Old 12-02-2014, 08:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seliant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nice rupertox... but that EQ had like 4millions player... i have never seem more than 1110 in this one at same time and you all know that mor than half of those 1100 are afk... so... i agree with velious... i dont agree the forced to play beta closing others servers...
Do you really think they had 4 million people on one server?

Blue
: Seniksin | Jarshale
Red: Sieg | Cazissa
Old 12-02-2014, 08:39 AM
Aviak

EQ during Luclin i think, had 100k people on at once across all servers, thats the most they have ever had online at once.
Closed Thread