Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 03:31 AM
Orc

Default So Tuesday is almost over on PST...

I feel an update on the status of the server is due... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-03-2014, 03:36 AM
Fire Giant

Probably several important issues like the gammapocalypse 2014 thing were discovered in the patch on Beta, were noted as being kinda important, and were a bit more than could be solved within the estimated time frame.

I'm sure they'll get it. My guess is sometime in the mid Afternoon PST of Wednesday, or something. That Chardok PL RMT money is a serious business.
Old 12-03-2014, 03:36 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by minijag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel an update on the status of the server is due... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can give you that!

Server is DOWN

They could just edit the homepage with:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean
This patch contains new required files. Download and extract the Project 1999 Files (V34) to your EQ Titanium Directory.

Mandatory Beta Testing
Both Project 1999 Servers are currently shut down for Mandatory Beta Testing. Logging into either server on any character will initiate a beta copy, overwriting that character on beta, and then disconnect you.

The live servers will be reopened some time
FIXED [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-03-2014, 03:37 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That Chardok PL RMT money is a serious business.
What is this? I'm new to the project. I dont know all of the inside jokes or secrets yet...
Old 12-03-2014, 03:46 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-03-2014, 03:50 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoladen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can give you that!

Server is DOWN

They could just edit the homepage with:

FIXED [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya. I dont care what the status is. Just an official update. That way they don't have to privately answer all every question. The community seems really tight knit, and would be helpful for the people who aren't rubbing shoulders with the staff. I'm sure they've given status updates to their friends. But regular joes like me still are in the dark.

The staffs time is important. I'm sure they could avoid a lot of toxic questions by posting an update. The alternative is much worse. 1) Avoid making a update, get petitions or posts from the community. 2) Start to feel your work is becoming thankless because of a minority of toxic posts. 3) Resent the community for not appreciating your work and effort. Which becomes a cycle, and fuels a never ending cycle.

Like I said, I'm sure they told their friends, who told their friends, which happen to be 40% of the server, and all the regulars. But I'm new and I have no update for the server status.
Old 12-03-2014, 04:06 AM
Aviak

I appreciate their time and hard work day in and day out to bring me back the feels but I hate being over-promised and under-delivered no matter what the situation. I'll get another BBQ sauce with my chicken nuggets? sweet. *drive away then looks in bag* WTF?!

Communication is nice, even if it is a quick line of text being like - sometime this week/next week would suffice.
Old 12-03-2014, 04:07 AM
Aviak

We should just remember that this is not their day job - they do this in what ever spare time they have.
Let's say some unforseen bug was introduced in the last patch which HAS to be fixed before they can open the server to the community. They probably have real jobs they have to go to. They can't just skip work, they can't work 24 hour shifts.
People (me included) have been complaining about this beta weekend - but I have started thinking (after some of the addiction has worn of [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])
Maybe they actually planned the beta / downtime in this peticular weekend because they actualy had some extra sparetime to put into their pet project? And what do they get in return for their hard work - complaints and tantrums from players, that don't have to do shit other than log in and get their fix.

Think about it - how would you feel? Motivated or dissapointed and not appreciated?
Old 12-03-2014, 04:09 AM
Kobold

tuesdays gone with the wind . and im drunk. ovei=rit
Old 12-03-2014, 04:17 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoladen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We should just remember that this is not their day job - they do this in what ever spare time they have.
Let's say some unforseen bug was introduced in the last patch which HAS to be fixed before they can open the server to the community. They probably have real jobs they have to go to. They can't just skip work, they can't work 24 hour shifts.
People (me included) have been complaining about this beta weekend - but I have started thinking (after some of the addiction has worn of [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])
Maybe they actually planned the beta / downtime in this peticular weekend because they actualy had some extra sparetime to put into their pet project? And what do they get in return for their hard work - complaints and tantrums from players, that don't have to do shit other than log in and get their fix.

Think about it - how would you feel? Motivated or dissapointed and not appreciated?
Pretty sure they can still give an update. It is common courtesy, takes 30 seconds, and would let people go back to whatever they would be doing rather than waiting for a server to come up for 24 hours.

Most people would be happy with a simple - Not today, ran into some issues, check back tomorrow, around noon, and we will give you new estimate.

- Please don't respond with GM ass kissing, you have a brain, use it.
Closed Thread