Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 07:22 PM
Fire Giant

Default Run (away) Speed Changes

Perhaps I am too used to the way things have been here... but it seems to me that mobs used to run significantly more slowly than they do now when at low health.

In fact, in classic, many mobs would "auto-snare". My brother and I even had a term for it, we would refer to the mob as "starting to dance" when this happened. One comment in group, "dancing", meant the mob was slated for doom soon. I THINK this occurred in Kunark time frame but to be completely honest, my memory could be off on this.
Old 12-03-2014, 07:23 PM
Sarnak

I remember mobs running away at a relatively slower speed, and then slowing down the closer and closer to 0% health they got. once at like 2-3% they would be stopped. But messing around in KC today, we had a couple mobs that seemed to be running near full speed away at 15% health. One got in water...that was game over.
Agoraphobia - Rogue
Refund - Enchanter
Stryche - Shadow Knight (Current toon)

<Azure Guard>
Old 12-03-2014, 07:36 PM
Fire Giant

Your description is more precise. That is exactly how I remember it. They would start out at a reasonable percentage of full speed, and then that speed would get progressively slower as they lost more health - to the point that SOME mobs would actually no longer make progress.

I do still see the run speed diminishing somewhat on some mobs now, but it is so high off that bat that the diminishing has not too much effect.
Old 12-03-2014, 07:37 PM
Banned

I had to leave, was looking forward to see what freeti's run speed was at, if it was increased. Cus before the patch he was as fast as usain bolt.. if he was increased that would be cray hehe.
Old 12-03-2014, 07:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwatt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Perhaps I am too used to the way things have been here... but it seems to me that mobs used to run significantly more slowly than they do now when at low health.

In fact, in classic, many mobs would "auto-snare". My brother and I even had a term for it, we would refer to the mob as "starting to dance" when this happened. One comment in group, "dancing", meant the mob was slated for doom soon. I THINK this occurred in Kunark time frame but to be completely honest, my memory could be off on this.
They would definitely slow down but it would take a druid snare to make them stop dead once their stamina got low enough. Otherwise they would pace back and forth slowly until killed.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsongReborn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They would definitely slow down but it would take a druid snare to make them stop dead once their stamina got low enough. Otherwise they would pace back and forth slowly until killed.
Certainly true. I do think that some actually stopped without a snare though, or came danged close. Probably those mobs with lower innate run speeds.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwatt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Certainly true. I do think that some actually stopped without a snare though, or came danged close. Probably those mobs with lower innate run speeds.
I know some stopped w/o snare when they were super low health. And with a snare, they would be stopped from the beginning of their flee, they'd just turn and stare off into the distance.
Agoraphobia - Rogue
Refund - Enchanter
Stryche - Shadow Knight (Current toon)

<Azure Guard>
Closed Thread