Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 12-08-2014, 01:02 PM
Fire Giant

Default Bottle of Red Wine

The quest: Bottle of Red Wine
in Neriak, has the multi turnin quest bug, where you can only turn in one each time instead of 4 each time.

Link to >10 posts about turning in atleast 4 each time (here are some posts that say you can do 4x4 and get 16 hits )

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...9&p=2#comments

"Nov 08 2000 at 11:03 PM Rating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
You only have to do the invis thing a couple of times till you raise faction with Lokar. Then I figured out you can give the guy 4 stacks of 4 getting 16 faction hits per give. So give the guy 4 stacks of 4 get someone to invis then you will have enough faction to do it without invis!

Bandaloop
"

"
How to race, religion, class
QuoteReply
# Nov 13 2000 at 7:04 PM Rating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
Ok folks this is what everyone has been waiting for. drum role please........... I have a troll shaman that worships innoruuk. I could not do the quest. I also made the mistake of killing Ratraz early on and I could not even buy any where in all of neriak. So I tried it invis with a guildmate, still I could not do the quest. I searched far and wide for another way to increase faction I had enchanters cast faction buffs on me and so forth NOTHING worked. Then one day I hired a darkelf to invis me while I did the quest. It WORKED. So I began to do some research. This is what I found.

Anyone that can get in there and has not done to much damage to their defualt faction can do the quest. This is what is required. The person casting invis on you must be able to do the quest themselves. If their faction is to low to do the quest then it will not work.

You start the trade giving 4 bottles (stacked is fine) to him, but do not clk the trade button.
Now the other person cast invis on you.
Once invised clk trade.

When your faction gets to a high level of indiff. you will be able to do this without invis.

Faction has become of great interest to me over the course of time. My troll shaman is concidered warmly in neriak now. My Troll warrior is also warmly there and can walk around east/west freeport and the commons (dubious) without worry of the guards. (I think my shaman has killed to many guards to ever get into freeport) But thats another another story.
Look for trolls in freeport on saryn (yes I know it's spelled wrong)"

I did this last night for about two hours straight, a Barbarian Shaman worshipping the Tribunal. I started dubious with the dark bargainers, so I turned in lightstones to the merchants in s ro (using the trick of having someone invis me after I put it in the trade window with the npc) and got all the way up to kindly that way. Then, with invis I snuck into Neriak last night with a friend who has already done this. I almost peed my pants. All of the npcs in the building with Lokar are on dark bargainers or beta neutral, so once inside you are safe. There is nothing close to the other side of any of the walls that will hit you through the wall, as far as I can tell. My friend used invis to go buy the red wine because some wanderers and guards in Third Gate are not on dark bargainers or either of the guard factions. You can turn in four stacks of four wine at a time (a total of 16 bottles per trade with Lokar). After about 2 hours of this, I had spent 220pp on red wine and the dread guard inner and outer were both warmly. But when turning in the lightstones, I was getting dread guard inner and outer faction hits along with the dark bargainers, so I may have been less deeply scowling than usual. If you stand on the steps to the library and very carefully inch down until you can see through the doorway towards the zone there is a guard who will wander by out there that you can con to check your progress. However, I don't know if he is inner or outer dread guard and one may go faster than the other. This will probably be much harder if you are a high elf or wood elf however, or if you worship a really good god. My friend is a high elf worshipping Erollisi Marr (goddess of love) so needless to say the dark elves worshipping Innoruuk (god of hate) took some convincing. He spent about 3k getting to warmly, and says he doesn't think he took any positive or negative faction hits to dread guards before starting this. It was terrifying getting in, and really boring for a while there, and my wrist hurt and I'd swear my mouse button was bleeding when I was done, but it is soooo nice to have these guys out of m
-Taken-Taken II-

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it."
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
"To be able to think freely, a man must be certain that no consequence will follow whatever he writes."

CromCruach on Blue - Aurgelmirx on Green
Last edited by nilbog; 12-12-2014 at 12:31 PM..
Old 12-08-2014, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

I approve of Crom's ClassicQuest.

I didn't remember stacked items being handled properly like that but it seems legit.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:11 PM
Skeleton

You used to be able to turn in 4 stacks of 4.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:16 PM
Fire Giant

Current handins to NPC's do not allow for stacked items, results in error:

"You cannot give stacks of items to NPCs."

This would allow for easier completion of the Othmir Prexus Totem quest requiring multiples of the same item.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

Bone chips 4x a time in kaladim is classic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-12-2014, 12:31 PM
Project Manager

Yep, this worked in classic.

Changing prefix to Game Mechanics.
Old 12-12-2014, 01:29 PM
Fire Giant

Thank you !
-Taken-Taken II-

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it."
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
"To be able to think freely, a man must be certain that no consequence will follow whatever he writes."

Old 01-27-2015, 12:06 PM
Fire Giant

bump still doesn't work.
can only give one at a time.
can't give 4 stacked or one in each slot or 4x4
-Taken-Taken II-

Old 01-27-2015, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

Has to wait for a patch, Nilbog isn't applying these changes to a live server.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 01-27-2015, 12:25 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep, this worked in classic.

Changing prefix to Game Mechanics.
To be clear, I was reinforcing this should work.

It will take additional development to be implemented.