Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 03:26 PM
Large Rat

Default new to game

hey, am a lvl 13 bard just wondering if use could give me some advice on how to rotate songs smoothly/good at the moment am clicking not worked out how to macro them and what song mix well together in a group. any other advice on the game i need to know would also be appreciated cheers
Old 12-16-2014, 03:32 PM
Kobold

You're braver than I am. I could never play a pre /melody bard again. Its just to harsh.
Old 12-16-2014, 03:46 PM
Aviak

/stopsong
/cast 1

You can do some /pause to get more than one song on the macro, but just doing one of those for each song will cut your button presses in half.

On a stranger note, I just tried to load eqdiva.com, but found that it's gone. The page now includes a link to Bard Catheters. I think that might be a little too much dedication...
Last edited by Esheon; 12-16-2014 at 03:52 PM..
Old 12-16-2014, 03:54 PM
Large Rat

haha why is playing a bard harsh there fun and party friendly it seems :P then again this my first character no idea on what they will be like at end game.

i shall give this macro a go... i assuming 1 is the spell?
Old 12-16-2014, 03:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by reborn198 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
haha why is playing a bard harsh there fun and party friendly it seems :P then again this my first character no idea on what they will be like at end game.

i shall give this macro a go... i assuming 1 is the spell?
carpal tunnel syndrome is why its harsh.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:00 PM
Aviak

Yes, just do one of those for each of the spell gems. Personally, I'd only put the five I'm using most frequently on the main hotbar, leaving room for things like /assist, pulling macro, mez/charm messages, etc. Stick the rest on another hotbar so they're available if needed.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:05 PM
Large Rat

well i havent felt any carpal tunnel syndrome yet as ive been clicking songs lol. hopefully this macro will work and not really got that far no idea what mez/charm does or how to assist
Old 12-16-2014, 04:33 PM
Large Rat

My style might be somewhat dated and/or involve more button presses than others, but this is how I learned, and how I still twist:

I drag and drop the spell gems directly into the hotkey bank rather than making macros. For me, it's easier to see visually which song is linked to which number if the gems are there.

To play a song that's hotkey'd I hit the corresponding hotkey number. To stop singing I hit the hotkey again to stop the song. The trick I found with twisting is paying attention to the chat window to see that your song took effect (e.g. "You feel your pulse quicken"), then immediately stopping the song and casting the next. Watching the casting bar can be helpful, but I've noticed it sometimes disappears or doesn't show up on p1999, plus in high lag situations you can't rely on the casting bar to tell you when the server actually registers your action.

To twist 3 songs, I do this:

1 --- 1 2 --- 2 3 --- 3 1 --- 1 2 --- and so on. ( --- is casting time)

For a standard group setup, for example, you might have 1 = group haste, 2 = regen song, 3 = snare/slow. As I leveled up on live, I added more songs to my hotkey bank - not necessarily to twist, but to use as needed (like 4 = mez, 5 = stun, etc.)

Sometimes the hardest part is knowing which songs to use in which situations.

Hope this helps a bit!

-Alzate
Half Elf Bard
Closed Thread