Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 05:43 PM
Sarnak

Default People powerleveling is becoming extremely disappointing for someone trying to exp.

Seriously.

I was in Najena at lvl 25 which is slow at that time anyway. It wasn't long before a 48 bard (lmao) is grabbing up all my goblins and spiders. For what? They are extremely green to him, and spiders don't even drop mage focus items if that was the issue.
So I died trying the higher lvl skeletons he left, because charm wouldnt stick.

Upper guk was also rife with plers, and anything I could safely exp in there was shot.

Move on to Sol a. Originally a few guys were in there but I was cool with it, I was killing the young and cinders and they were pling using the higher goblins so np. But then another couple plers moves in shortly after and wipes out all the gobs in the area I was in. Granted I'm not constantly pulling due to mana regen, but i was still there hunting legitimately. So I just camped, having wasted hours of time traveling for no reason. Not only that, but a 46 paladin is wiping bridge goblins that again provide no exp for him.

This is becoming discouraging. It seems the only options are sit on a group waiting list at the crowded zones. Trying to solo or even duo the other zones appropriate for my level (with moderate risk, unlike somewhere like CT) is nearly impossible, and out of the question entirely if it is peak hours. Why are way over leveled toons clearing mobs that give me exp? That one was the most frstrsting. At least in the other cases exp was being had by someone.
Last edited by Rayzor84; 12-30-2014 at 05:46 PM..
Old 12-30-2014, 05:47 PM
Sarnak

Something, something, red.
Old 12-30-2014, 05:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisei [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Something, something, red.
Yeah I've actually considered red for this reason. Even on live at this stage this didn't happen, these zones would be camped with appropriate groups which would be fine, but here its always plers.

I haven't gone red because my buddy plays blue, and I have like 10k in gear on blue that would not transfer or get a low rate. That and having to lvl over again.
Old 12-30-2014, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

Solving this issue, Velious release will give plers something else to do, or any mobs that are green and are not needed for class specific quests/drops make them invulnerable, sure there's some coding out there that could be developed. Obviously there would be issues but hey I'm just throwing the idea out I'm not supposed perfect it
Old 12-30-2014, 06:09 PM
Fire Giant

At any point did you try talking to these people or did you just come straight to the forums to cry about it?
Old 12-30-2014, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

PLers are just players, and they have to play by the same rules as everyone else. If they are monopolizing content by holding down multiple camps ask them nicely to stick to one and then /petition a GM if they don't. If they're just using a camp spot, what does it matter if they are a PLer or a lower-level character? Your issue is just with the server population, not with PLers.

If you're just having trouble finding somewhere less popular to hunt might I recommend the Per-Level Hunting Guide?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue or Green servers, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of platinum and/or gear! Send me a forum message for details.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:10 PM
Planar Protector

Sol A goblins drop hq ore that's useful for skilling smithing and also vendors for good prices. It is pretty lame of higher level ore farmers to be taking mobs where level-appropriate chars are trying to do the content tho. Did you try talking to the people? Not every green loot farmer or PLer is an inconsiderate asshat. Some are, of course, but many are very willing to accomodate legit lower level characters.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bboboo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At any point did you try talking to these people or did you just come straight to the forums to cry about it?
Ok, I'll meet your veiled insult.

In Najena, I ooc'd and sent tells to the bard who never responded. He left soon after I eventually died.

In uguk, ooc was met with silence.

Sol A first group was a cool bunch so I don't have an issue. After second group came in I left frustrated, didn't say a word.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:14 PM
Planar Protector

If your intent is to solo, have you tried going some place that is not populated? I was killing scarecrows the other day in WK and I was the only one in the zone for hours
Old 12-30-2014, 06:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If your intent is to solo, have you tried going some place that is not populated? I was killing scarecrows the other day in WK and I was the only one in the zone for hours
I'd like to but even on the leveling guide alot of stuff is missing. Mostly it is only the more populated zones. Niche areas like wk I don't even really know about.
Closed Thread