Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 12-31-2014, 08:01 AM
Banned

Default Stamina

Is Stamina ever gonna be a thing?

I recall on live during Kunark Era it costed stamina to swim and if you ran out of stamina you could no longer swim and would drown.

(People would rage often about disconnecting while zoning into OOT because they would log back into the boat being gone and run out of stamina from swimming, drown, and lose their body in the ocean)

Also I recall that auto-attacking did slowly drain stamina, and if you ran out of stamina you would start missing attacks very frequently. Also Combat Skills (Kick/Backstab/Flying Kick/etc/) and Discs would drain a decent chunk of stamina.

This was a huge part of the game when it came to mob management because if the fight went too long melee dps would be greatly lowered due to endurance issues.

It was kind of like a melee player's mana bar as they could only remain effective if it was managed.

How is this enormous component of the game not implemented on P99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Bazia; 12-31-2014 at 08:05 AM..
Old 12-31-2014, 08:55 AM
Planar Protector

limitations of the titanium client - it has the new endurance system

it will hopefully be a thing one day

make people have to consider weapon weight, oh my
Old 12-31-2014, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

I will be very sad when my favourite item to pick up when I'm levelling during my mid teens (Iksar Berserker Club in Kurns Tower) becomes a stamina hog (8 weight swing on 18 delay, ouch!).
Old 12-31-2014, 07:51 PM
Banned

This not being a thing is a large part of why melees are OP as fuck on red and blue
Old 12-31-2014, 08:11 PM
Planar Protector

Extinguish fatigue was a must on raids. Jumping to many times and having to med for stamina... Forgot about stamina, but that shit is deff game breaking.
Old 01-01-2015, 06:18 AM
Banned

There is no way this can ever be a thing?
Old 01-01-2015, 06:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is Stamina ever gonna be a thing?

I recall on live during Kunark Era it costed stamina to swim and if you ran out of stamina you could no longer swim and would drown.

(People would rage often about disconnecting while zoning into OOT because they would log back into the boat being gone and run out of stamina from swimming, drown, and lose their body in the ocean)

Also I recall that auto-attacking did slowly drain stamina, and if you ran out of stamina you would start missing attacks very frequently. Also Combat Skills (Kick/Backstab/Flying Kick/etc/) and Discs would drain a decent chunk of stamina.

This was a huge part of the game when it came to mob management because if the fight went too long melee dps would be greatly lowered due to endurance issues.

It was kind of like a melee player's mana bar as they could only remain effective if it was managed.

How is this enormous component of the game not implemented on P99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Discs would also drain substantial amounts of stamina, so starting defensive or something with a duration while 30% sta would mean your disc would drop way early.

No disc after res either.
Old 01-01-2015, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no way this can ever be a thing?
They tried to simulate stamina drain when P1999 first opened. The client didn't play well with such attempts; the yellow bar didn't work remotely near right. The present system of just not bothering with it, while not perfect, is far superior to that broken mess.

Danth
Old 01-02-2015, 04:48 AM
Banned

I mean it makes melees much more powerful than they should be

On the pvp server it's a pretty big issue
Old 01-02-2015, 04:58 AM
Banned

thank god i have a crown of rile in case they ever implement this