Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 02:23 AM
Fire Giant

Default Player Punishment discussion

Since we seem to be on the wave of cleaning up Red's players names and server population is on an upswing and GMs seem to be trying to make red an all around better place and not just a place for griefers

Two things that have always bothered me about Player punishment is Due Process and Repeat offenders.

I dont get involved in a lot of punishment so I admit I have only heard 2nd hand accounts of punishment. I have never been suspended and currently unaware of anyone i know that is suspended. However It seems that Punishment is quick to be served and then questions are asked after. GMs are busy and I have heard it can be a process to clear your name after punishement was handed out

Player X did something and Player Z reports and paints a picture or presents truncated logs/fraps. Player X gets suspended with out even being questioned or to tell their story or present their logs/fraps.

Like i think it would go a long ways if GM ws like " Vanco there is a fraps of you training ereni over and over. It looks pretty damning but do you any of your own fraps before i suspend you.

Repeat offenders- its not a huge issue but its known that its pretty easy to break a rule, get suspended and just log on another character.

I compare it to driving a car. If you do someething to get your car/license suspended you cant just jump in your friends gremlin and drive it. ANd if you do and get caught you eat stiffer punishment.

I used to be a griefer on other servers and loved it but i found that i actally enjoy havng a bigger population and more people to play with than just me and my other scrum friends

Any thoughs, comments, questions.
Old 02-03-2015, 02:43 AM
Fire Giant

Strange that I always seem to get suspended on all of my accounts when others don't.

Back on topic I think that a big part of the reason that the community doesn't trust the staff is because they keep it all a mystery. The death touching at the fungi camp is a prime example of punishment being doled out without explanation to the community. You also have the other side of that, being that players get to spread rumors and change the story about why they get banned. Since the only persons willing to discuss it are the players they get to control the flow of information and the result is typically going to be that player contributing to distrust of the staff in the community.
Old 02-03-2015, 02:49 AM
Fire Giant

lol stasis, sorry
Old 02-03-2015, 02:57 AM
Fire Giant

Yeah i would say a decay time would exponge record.

But there are players out there who break rules and eat a suspension and dust off another character on a somewhat regular basis.

Red is fragile, we dont have a huge populatoin so i dont like seeing people getting suspended or banned. -1 person is sad. But if a person is habitual rule breaker and just hopping around chars i dont think thats good for population either
Old 02-03-2015, 03:00 AM
Banned

who cares really

its not like the server is competitive and that having people suspended matters at all in the big picture
Old 02-03-2015, 03:09 AM
Planar Protector

all i could decipher from vanco HORSECOCK aka lasher known for his griefing and breaking of the rules on vztz, is that he is trying to white knight this ereni girl

this gif is over 4 years old, comes in handy these days

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

u ain't foolin da smedster dawg, saw this coming 4 years ago bro

Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 02-03-2015, 03:34 AM
Banned

Questioning gm decisions gets you banned.

Read rewls
Old 02-03-2015, 04:22 AM
Planar Protector

If you're going to change names based on them violating the rules make it linear and do it across the board.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:41 AM
Fire Giant

portsandbjs in Runny eye tonight hell yea

Last edited by dontbanpls; 02-03-2015 at 04:58 AM..
Old 02-03-2015, 06:07 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i love when people link this

i am so proud of the massive success that holocaust has become
you call numbers a success? just because Holo has a bunch of people doesnt mean they are successful, Velious is going to prove this because you will have rando's fucking up the zerg squads. Plus, all of upper echelon of the guild will get their shit above the new members and then will cause a rift. Gearing is so much more important in velious then kunark its going to be ugly and poeple getting butthurt and turning on each other like ravenous assholes
Closed Thread