Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 05:31 PM
Aviak

Default GM confirmation please?

I remember reading in some rules in a post by I believe Rogean, may have been Der, about lists with specifically the AC camp; however, for camps with the prize as a lore item. In the pose, it specifically stated that if a player asked the camper if there was a list and they stated no, as long as the asking person stayed within proximity they would be next for the camp. If there was a list, it would be stated to the person and that person would then be put on the list. After the ring drop, the next person on the list had approx 5 min from the next spawn to engage or forfeiting to the next individual present on the list.

I would like confirmation, if possible, that there can or cannot be lists, so players as well as guides understand.

Since speaking with Guide Moregan @ 1:30pm PST 3/3/2015, lists are invalid and will not be enforced.

Please clarify and thank you for your time!

PS: if my specific story would like to be heard, I will post it.
Last edited by Ambrouis; 03-03-2015 at 05:50 PM..
Old 03-03-2015, 05:49 PM
Retired Guide

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...19&postcount=9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty clear-cut, and these exact rules have been around in one form or another for quite some time. I really need to compile a "Project 1999: Errata and other extraneous information" post to put all this stuff. For now, this will have to do:

Camp holder has the right to pass the camp to whoever he would like. However, and this is very important, two things must happen in order for this to be a legitimate hand-off:

1) The player being handed the camp must be present around the time the first placeholder spawns after the last holder of the camp has gotten his or her item in hand. The person handing off the camp must stay at the spawn until the next person in line arrives, if that person is on their way to take the camp. There is a little leeway here, and we refuse to set an exact timer on how long the placeholder can be up before the camp is forfeited, but in general it should never be for more than a couple minutes or so. We tend to give the benefit of the doubt to the person coming in to take the camp in these situations as CSR staff, so waiting a bit longer will never hurt. W

2) The person holding the camp cannot mislead you, or change his mind after telling you who is next. Something that no one ever does (and I will never understand why) is to specifically address the camp holder, asking who is next or if you can be next. The camp holder does need to reveal to you who the next intended camp holder is - if he doesn't, you may ask to be next and your claim will be valid unless he reveals the next person immediately. This person cannot change after the camp holder has "revealed" the next person to take the camp to you. It is an automatic forfeit if this occurs. If you ask to be the next camp holder and are told yes, the camp holder may not later retract or change this agreement and attempt to hand the camp off to someone else - it's yours once he has gotten his item or moved on from the camp.

Something else important to note about handing off camps - in particular, popular ones, but this applies to any camp that becomes contested. If you are solo camping, once you attain the item you were waiting for (an AC ring, for example) you are done camping that mob. The person coming to take the camp had better be prepared at this point in order to come eliminate the very next placeholder spawn in order to "stake his claim" on the mob. You cannot work wacky corpse lines on lore items in order to grab multiple items in the same "camp session" if there are others waiting to take the camp. Please be aware that we reserve the right to apply this same ruling to any camp if we deem it necessary, including camps with multiple players.
We only require the campholder announce who is next (if he does plan to pass the camp) when asked.

We don't recognize lists beyond who is next.

I know at times players do agree to keep a list going, but we do not require it.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:52 PM
Aviak

So, if there is a list, and someone cuts before any reasonable time is given, is that a violation?

i.e. watching the mob spawn is invalid
Old 03-03-2015, 05:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrouis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, if there is a list, and someone cuts before any reasonable time is given, is that a violation?
See: #2 above.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:56 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome to the high-demand content of p99. On live, overcrowding and all kinds of trickery happened during these early eras of eq.

On live, Kunark came out one year after the original release, and Velious came only 9 months after that. On this server, Kunark alone has already been out 4 years.

SO what have this server's players done? Have they used all this extra time to solve some of the overcrowding and scarcity issues of eq?

No. For the most part, p99 represents a tale of human nature. Given more time, human beings do not solve problems, but rather they apply their ingenuity and energy to find ways to make the problems more and more entrenched and part of their way of life.

tl;dr on p99 all contested camps and content are like little doorways to hell. That's what gamers trend toward, apparently. It is not in their nature to improve games, only make them worse.

Now of course someone will post a story about how, once, someone from one of the top gangs once did something nice for them. But you know who else sometimes did nice things for people? That's right.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:56 PM
Retired Guide

What do you mean reasonable time?

If the camp holder is handing off the camp, you need to be there when he hands off. If you aren't, there is no hand off.

If current camp holder forfeits the camp before a hand off is made, the camp become FFA / FTE placeholder.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:59 PM
Aviak

Reasonable time = 15 seconds before the first repop of the camp
Old 03-03-2015, 06:00 PM
Retired Guide

Like I said,

If the camp holder is handing off the camp, you need to be there when he hands off. If you aren't, there is no hand off.

If current camp holder forfeits the camp before a hand off is made, the camp become FFA / FTE placeholder.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eunomia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What do you mean reasonable time?

Ohhhh that is interesting. So players do no have to hand off camps I anyone and if they do not i becomes FFA. Interesting....!
Old 03-03-2015, 06:06 PM
Aviak

Ok, here's the story. I was 2nd in line for frenzy so I went to lord and cleared everything from him to frenzy and back. The previous person at frenzy had already stated who he was handing the camp off to; however, when I cleared back for the 8th time, there was a cleric, metifo of divinity, sitting at the camp, I then sat there waiting for the monk to come back and as soon as the first mob spawned, he engaged. I let him know there was a list and he was cutting. After many tells, and a little while later, Moregan responded... and asked the cutter if there was a list /boggle
Closed Thread