Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 07:23 PM
Large Rat

Default People Boxing

Hi Everyone!
Now I know that it is illegal to box on this server, but what is one suppose to do if you see someone and you are almost sure they are boxing? Petition is 1 thing, but how do you get proof? People are rude if you ask them, but the behavior of 2 toons is suspicious, plus I don’t want to waste the time of the people who run things, I am sure they have better things to do IF I am wrong.

Basically 2 high level s at a camp and only 1 are moving around, the other doesn’t move or talk. Both in line for a mob. No guild, similar name….

I really don’t want to cause trouble because I can’t tell for sure, but I am also not dumb. Any advice would help, thank you.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:44 PM
Fire Giant

I'd look at it from both sides before judging.

It may look like they are boxing, but there could be valid reasons for the behavior you witnessed.

Were you grouped with these 2 characters?

1) If you weren't, how do you know one wasn't talking?
Most people don't use /say when in a group.

Was the 2nd person a caster of some type that has to spend 99% sitting and medding? That would explain the 2nd character not moving.

2) If you were, could it be possible that the two other people in the group were in the same room or on voice chat.
It's possible that they simply talked to each other and did not need to use the in game chat.
Maybe that's the case and 1 person of the pair were just relaying information to you.

Having similar names could go both ways.
Could be a husband/wife team or it could be a boxer.

I would say the GMs are the best to identify if someone is boxing.
Just trying to look at it from both sides before taking any action.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourthmeal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even if I saw boxing I wouldn't /report it. You know why? I don't name names.
You've been reported for thinking outside the bun.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by username17 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could be a husband/wife team or it could be a boxer.
lol @ "or".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi Everyone!
Now I know that it is illegal to box on this server, but what is one suppose to do if you see someone and you are almost sure they are boxing? Petition is 1 thing, but how do you get proof? People are rude if you ask them, but the behavior of 2 toons is suspicious, plus I don’t want to waste the time of the people who run things, I am sure they have better things to do IF I am wrong.

Basically 2 high level s at a camp and only 1 are moving around, the other doesn’t move or talk. Both in line for a mob. No guild, similar name….

I really don’t want to cause trouble because I can’t tell for sure, but I am also not dumb. Any advice would help, thank you.

I'd say you have zero reason for even having any suspicion of this except for paranoia.

With what you described it wouldnt even warrant looking into. I believe there are far more sightings of boxing than actual boxing going on.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi Everyone!

Fraps it if you're inclined, and/or send a petition when you're reasonably sure. A lot of people ARE 2-boxing, and I'm sure the GM's don't go rushing around on single complaints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:17 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourthmeal
Don't name names
I think there's a hidden message here.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Hi Everyone!

Also take into account what camp they were at, and which classes they were playing. As an enchanter, I can solo just about any camp that a single group can do. Therefore, if you found me at a camp with a buddy or guildie...they might just be hanging out, waiting to replace me, or AFK often because they aren't neccessary.

I know it can be frustrating to think someone else is taking advantage of the rules while you might feel like you suffer, but don't worry. Even if they are boxing...they get to camp something for hours. Big deal, could happen just the same as if you saw me there alone. You'll be happier if you don't take on this witch hunt as your own personal crusade =P
Last edited by Fawqueue; 10-01-2010 at 01:31 AM.. Reason: Grammar Policing
Old 10-01-2010, 02:47 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prefader [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think there's a hidden message here.
yeah the hidden message is anyone who says don't name names is a boxer
Old 10-01-2010, 03:00 AM
Fire Giant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h1euQKJsr4

0:55 -> 1:15

Bonus KW clip because this guy is just that awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93jQI...eature=related
Closed Thread