Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-24-2015, 04:46 AM
Sarnak

Default Help account creation

ok, this is the 2nd time in like 5 years ive tried to come to project 1999. it took me about 30 min to realize why I threw my hands up in disgust the first time...ITS IMPOSSIBLE.

First there's the nightmare of trying to make an forum account. well this time I just bit the bullet and said to heck with weather or not this website has a verication code or not, go ahead and display it. then I run face first into the next problem ...

I click on the account set up / play guide link, it takes me to step 2 which wants me to link Project1999 and Eqemu accounts. well I never got that far. so I click *skip*...which takes me to step 3. however I don't HAVE A CELL PHONE, I haven't had one in years, there is NO WAY to text me (and I kinda like it that way). so I click *skip* and it takes me back to step 2. its an endless loop. it REFUSES to allow me to create an account. So like a fool I decided to enter a fake phone number (didn't cross my mind it would try to insist on getting info from me though the Phone number I provided (and I didn't think anyone would have a phone number at 999-9999, hope whoever's number that is isn't too upset at random spam). yet once again, ive screwed myself..

Natrually im a little frustrated. sorry for the boarderline rant. still..help plz!
Old 03-24-2015, 04:55 AM
Banned

make a loginserver account at eqemulator.org
Old 03-24-2015, 05:04 AM
Sarnak

Quiex_VZ, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

now what?

It won't even let me post or PM anyone. so its not exactly like I can contact anyone else for help over there
Last edited by Beldan4; 03-24-2015 at 05:16 AM..
Old 03-24-2015, 05:20 AM
Fire Giant

Did you create an EQemu account and then a login account all on EQemu website, then log into P99 game? I don't know if EQemu makes you have a cell phone now adays, I know they do if you want to secure it or change PWs etc. But you do not need to link p99, just do it all on EQemu website.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:25 AM
Sarnak

The above post is the only message I get when I try to do ANYTHING on EQemu, other then change my password. Unless the account I made for the forums at EQemu and the log-in for the game are the same thing. in which I keep getting this message. DB-error invalid password.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:32 AM
Sarnak

ok created a dummy account, with a garbage e-mail address, posted on those forums. Still not sure how to go about making a login for the servers
Old 03-24-2015, 05:46 AM
Senior Server Guide

You will now need to create a Login Server account that you will use log into the EQEmulator Loginserver.

Please go to the Login Server page here: http://www.eqemulator.org/account/?CreateLS
Fill out the fields and proceed.
*Please note that your EQEmulator Forum account and EQEmulator Login Server account are totally seperate; you should use a different username/password combination for each.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame View Post
Aussie last seen nerfing troll shaman with gm powers in oasis on blue server. Red as fuck.
Last edited by Aussie; 03-24-2015 at 06:03 AM..
Old 03-24-2015, 05:59 AM
Sarnak

Ok. there is no "login Server page" link (on either website) under Miscellaneous. Although your Create a LS account link did take me right too it.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:06 AM
Sarnak

ok finally made it to the server log in list. I shudder to think of the number of accounts now that I have on these various forum that all have the names of chracters I used to use!...tks very much!
Old 03-24-2015, 06:14 AM
Sarnak

heh well it was nice while it lasted.....click play and it starts to load and....

the instruction at 0x02a745b4 referenced memory at 0x0381f0d4. the memory could not be read

Crash!