Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 11:31 PM
Planar Protector

Default Class sub-forums..

So uh, are these ever gonna happen? I actually think it's important for the server, since there needs to be a centralized location where people can get information on a class, rather than having such threads get lost in server chat. This is especially needed for classes that are different from how they were on live (such as Bards). I also think that people would post more class strategies if they knew that their posts were more likely to be read.

These were talked about a while ago, and I don't recall there being much opposition to it, so I'm bringing it up again.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 10-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

Bump. Not to be annoying but I'd like to know if this is going to happen or not.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
Old 10-07-2010, 12:06 PM
Kobold

I think this is a great idea.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:08 PM
Orc

Maybe do a hybrid, melee, caster forum subs and have threads on whatever. I think that many forums might be excessive.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:48 PM
Fire Giant

Every time one of these gets posted, I reply and say "Yeah that's an awesome idea." And then somebody is like "Too many forums would be excessive." And then I say... "They can keep things tidy by putting all of the class forums inside of a sub-forum."

And then we don't get class specific forums made [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 10-07-2010, 01:51 PM
Sarnak

I have to agree, I think having sections for each of the classes would be a great way to compile all the ideas, suggestions, and questions into one place for new/returning players. Instead of of the constant "What should I get for this" or "where to level" threads in general, we could just sticky gear and hunting guides where it's accessible. I hope this happens.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:01 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Every time one of these gets posted, I reply and say "Yeah that's an awesome idea." And then somebody is like "Too many forums would be excessive." And then I say... "They can keep things tidy by putting all of the class forums inside of a sub-forum."

And then we don't get class specific forums made [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This made me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] too.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Banned

I love this idea.

Perhaps if it won't be done here we could create dedicated class forums like we used to have on live (steelwarrior, eqdiva, eqnecro etc. etc.), although there might not be enough traffic to really warrant such sites?
Old 10-07-2010, 10:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Exactly. Also, although I prefer each class having its own forum, I think that separating things into hybrid/melee/caster is fine too and definitely preferable to what we have now, where people have to search for pages to find even the slightest bit of wisdom about their class because it gets lost in the clutter so easily. That or they just post another redundant thread asking about their class, which is also bad for the forum. Basically this gives a centralized location for class information that's classic and doesn't require gambling with some other website.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
Old 10-07-2010, 10:33 PM
Skeleton

I like this, but not necessarily broken down into hybrid/melee/caster. For example, War/Pal/SK have more in common with each other than they do with the rest of their respective hybrid/melee groups and would probably be better served by having a "tank" subforum if you were going to lump classes together [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]