Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-18-2015, 10:14 AM
Sarnak

Default Graffic issue

I have a small but very annoying problem. On my screen there are some horizontal lines that makes text that are in these lines to shrink a bit. IN attached screenshot it’s the rows where it says “You feel like the skin…”

I just took one example from one of the chatboxes but it’s the same for any text that are in these lines.

I have the same problem on all computers I installed eq on. Only common thing is that I have copied over eqclient.ini but its’ the same thing if I use a default eqclient.
This is only when I play p99 ofc, otherwise I do not have these lines.

Any ideas?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg graffic issue eq.jpg (18.0 KB, 19 views)
Old 04-18-2015, 12:40 PM
Fire Giant

I've never seen a fix for this problem. Best thing to do is try to move your text box so the lines fall between lines of text.
Old 04-18-2015, 03:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilkorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've never seen a fix for this problem. Best thing to do is try to move your text box so the lines fall between lines of text.
So others got this issue as well, not just me?
Old 04-18-2015, 03:07 PM
Orc

You playing in windowed mode?
Old 04-18-2015, 03:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You playing in windowed mode?
Yes, for sure.
Old 04-18-2015, 03:52 PM
Orc

You might try using this https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming which gets rid of the window borders and fixes this issue for me. The downside is that it makes the mouse slightly off so things like resizing the chat window becomes a pain.

The alternative is either playing in fullscreen (where alt-tab is broken) or setting up the window so that it's smaller than your screen.
Old 05-23-2015, 10:13 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a small but very annoying problem. On my screen there are some horizontal lines that makes text that are in these lines to shrink a bit. IN attached screenshot it’s the rows where it says “You feel like the skin…”

I just took one example from one of the chatboxes but it’s the same for any text that are in these lines.

I have the same problem on all computers I installed eq on. Only common thing is that I have copied over eqclient.ini but its’ the same thing if I use a default eqclient.
This is only when I play p99 ofc, otherwise I do not have these lines.

Any ideas?
I have this exact problem. I was asking OOC the other day if anyone else was getting this. It only happens in Windowed Mode. I wouldn't mind playing in Fullscreen if Alt+Tab didn't automatically put the game into a window...(That's annoying as hell as it then causes this problem above) Which means you must play in windowed mode and have this annoying glitch.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

This happens when you are in a window that is the same resolution as your desktop, You can try one of the many borderless window programs out there (I can never get it to align properly so the mouse is always slightly off and the lines still persist).

Or here's what I did to give me a nicely sized window.

edit the eqclient.ini in your eq folder and change these lines:

WindowedWidth=1910
WindowedHeight=995

Which looks like this at 1920x1080:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]