Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 01:20 AM
Large Rat

Default P1999 community

This post isn't to judge ALL the community, but Im new on server and a couple of my friends are new on server and what we have noticed during the time we spent playing on P1999 BLUE server..................

First of all a little bit about me:

I'm a young professional with my own business, I have beautiful girlfriend... I played EQ from 1999 to 2006 and I found out about P1999 a month and a half ago. I was very excited to get back into my all time favourite game... all the memories and fun I had in this game is just incredible. I was a casual player for about a year and a half and then after that I became an hardcore player... Raiding way to much... playing way to much.

My impression on P1999 since I joined:

Peoples seem to be bored as hell, they do same content over and over and over and over and over.... End up bein so bored they became a curse on the server because they are so bored the only thing that make you feel happy is collecting the pp and dropping rare gear for your alt that you will start for the 10th times since you joined P1999.

I been grouping quite a lot in all part of the game right now, and what I see is a bunch of selfish peoples, lot of trolls and way to much ego. What I mean by that... don't get me wrong I don't say everybody is like this, some exception are not... but for the most part.. It is the case I'm sorry.

Anyway what I mean by selfish? Level 60 coming to low level zone to farm a camp for his alt to camp that rare item to sell at the EC tunnel for some pixel pp money (( except if you sell pp for real money but then In that case I hope you get banned ))

What I mean by selfish? Grouping with bunch of twinks with 200k + gear rolling on any items cause they want more when there's a new player on the server in the group with barely any items. And that item is DEFINATLY an upgrade.

What I mean by selfish? There is barely ever any group doin NEED over GREED.
Most of the time its free for all and big fat ogre that can carry 20000 weigh usually loot most of the things and once the group is done or his inventory is full he gate sell and don't split anything. HOW CAN IT BE LIKE THIS? Everybody fought for the goodies why not share with everyone the pp you made and the gold ?

What I mean by troll and selfish..........

A group of twinks or a group of peoples claiming 2-3-4 camps and when someone come in zone and want to claim 1 camp they troll and insult and say we manage to clean all the camp so they are our................ WOW REALLY? How can you run a server with 1.2k peoples and you guys act like this? How disrespectful ! ! !

What I mean by trolls and EGO...................

level 26 rogue with a epic act like he knows everything about everything and insult you over something cause you try giving him advice on how to do something or try to help him?

'Im sorry but its not because you managed to clean kunark (( 14 years old content ))
that it makes you good or better or whatsoever. Drop that ego, and go help some newbee, go talk with them, go help them. Go buy some lowbie item and go give em to the new player. Take your 60 druid and go give free sow to all the newbee in all the starting zone.

Take one of your char and go give advices to the new player. Talk to your community, stop bein selfish greedy person trying to gather as many pp and item as possible. Having 2000 twinks with 3000 fungis won't make you feel better inside.

You bored? Go duel at the front of EC Tunnel and bet on who's gonna be the winner.

You bored? Create event that might be fun for the community and have prize to be awarded.

You bored? Make bunch of low levels with ur friend and try go raid befallen

You bored? GO OUT AND MEET YOUR FRIENDS... FAMILY........ FEED yOUR SPIRIT WITH SOMETHING POSITIVE. When you will come back to P1999 after that maybe you won't feel like trolling or insulting or holding lowbie from progressing by being a greedy ego power tripper...

Anyway, no harm was intended, just trying to start a topic on something that I feel is a very unpleasant experience for a lot of new players, and especially old players because on live server there were unwritten rules. Respect, play nice rules, and MANNERS.

We are all humans, and this server is a community, just as the society is. Have respect for each other, if you live in big city you have noticed how peoples not care for each other anymore.... well don't make your community the same please... because the reason I got into EQ and the reason I came back into EQ..... its all the memories and the fun that I had.. not with the game, but with the community.

Thank and I hope yall will understand and not be flaming.
Old 05-12-2015, 01:26 AM
Planar Protector

Oh, you're going to fit in good here. Welcome to Project 1999.

♦♦ Nikkanu (60 Dark Elf Cleric) ♦♦
♦♦ Psychoactive (60 Ogre Shaman) ♦♦
♦♦ Recycling (60 Iksar Necromancer) ♦♦
♦♦ Silentblade (60 Dwarf Rogue) ♦♦
♦♦ Yourack (60 Human Monk) ♦♦
♦♦ Bargains (EC Mule) ♦♦
Old 05-12-2015, 01:29 AM
Planar Protector

doesn't sound like p1999 is for you. You will need to learn to deal with individuals that know all of the content and money camps since this content is indeed 14 years old. Telling the group that you are new to the server and would like any drops that could benefit you would be better than getting upset since 95% of the groups I'm in do greed before need. If it's a small item that's worth 50 plat I would understand that if you get upset. Any item that is worth more than 500 plat will 99% of the time go greed before need since that's the nature of this server.

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 05-12-2015, 01:31 AM
Banned

wha?
Old 05-12-2015, 01:32 AM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-12-2015, 01:38 AM
Aviak

Please tell me English is not your first language.

To address your post...it sounds like you have some jealousy issues to work out.

There are plenty of twinks running around, sure, but they do not cast a shadow anywhere near as large as you proclaim them to.

By and large, the P99 community is very supportive of new and low-level players. If you are receiving different treatment, chances are you are doing something to invite it upon yourself. The way you seem to communicate is very telling in that regard...

But if this really isn't the case and you are just letting the occasional bad apple spoil your experience so severely, then I think a bit of "fungi envy" might be to blame.
Old 05-12-2015, 01:40 AM
Fire Giant

young professional

Blue
: Seniksin | Jarshale
Red: Sieg | Cazissa
Old 05-12-2015, 01:45 AM
Large Rat

Default !

Fungus Envy? Are you for real? and all those replies just show once again how big of a trolling community yall are lol. ''Fungus envy'' I have a friend that gave me a fungus until I can farm it one myself... nah sorry I don't have no envy for a item I couldn't care less to have.

If you feel that great with a level 1 with a fungi and a epic you might wanna go to EZ server and kill end game content solo instead of fucking the gaming experience of new players trying to progress on the server.
Old 05-12-2015, 01:51 AM
Banned

Forums =/= in-game.

Sounds like you don't know how to deal with other people. Probably why you're having these issues.
Old 05-12-2015, 01:52 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rararboker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like you don't know how to deal with other people. Probably why you're having these issues.
This.
Closed Thread