Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 09:18 AM
Aviak

Thumbs up Thinking of trying red?

Too crowded on blue? Not enough camps? Too many twinks? If you want Norrath, but with a wild west vibe, the red server is the place for you! Contest camps!

Example: Newbie1 is camping his alligator tooth earrings in the Qeynos catacombs. Newbie2 needs these earrings! On blue: Newbie2 watches his rats die and watches Newbie1 loot the earrings. On red: Newbie2 slays Newbie1, takes the camp, takes the earrings, and loots whatever coin Newbie1 had.

Tips on starting out: DO NOT READ THE RED FORUMS. The people that post on the forums are mostly all trolls and there should be no relation between the forums and the red server! Absolutely 100% avoid Crushbone, Mistmoore, and Unrest, unless you want to fight twinks and be surely slain. These people are veterans who have a lot of time on their hands and won't think twice about raping you. Try zones like Befallen, Runnyeye, Blackburrow, the Karanas. Etc.

Join red!

(Order Through Chaos) Looking to bring something together, through the chaos that is this server. A new crew, with some re-rolls, looking to progress together, and find static groups within the guild to build a solid foundation.

No intentions right now other then to fight bad guys in both pve and pvp. Not necessarily allied or against any established guilds. We have players in all American time zones and a small euro crew is growing. We are a very tight knit crew. We will help players that show initiative and come into team-speak and are social.

Over 25 members have found order within chaos. Will you be next? Type /who all order to find an officer or PST to, Othelo, Melvins, Jmann, Marfin, or Papua for more info.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Even if you are not interested in the guild, roll a level 1, and try it out.

If you have absolutely any questions about the server send me a private message here on the forums.
Last edited by kingbuzzo; 05-19-2015 at 09:47 AM..
Old 05-19-2015, 09:27 AM
Planar Protector

Please move to red guild discussion forums.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 05-19-2015, 09:43 AM
Planar Protector

It's advertising more than the guild, it's advertising the server. The opening line wouldn't have mentioned blue in a guild recruitment ad.

KC spiked at 42 people on blue last night. Amid a guy soloing basement at 60, and a monk soloing everything at turnkey... pullers (and other party members) were all running around KC trying to tag a repop before other pullers got to it. The fact is blue is very populated at the top end, the raid scene is a running joke with everyone running fraps trying to get other guilds raid banned.

Yet red is apparently highly toxic if you believe blue players who have either never played on red or did so for an hour once and made their minds up after dying once in pvp on a pvp server.

To any new players reading this (and veterans alike). Let your experiences on red speak for themselves, don't let these die hard fun ruining, fraps running, camp lawyering blue guys tell you what's good and what isn't.

Give red a try, it's nice to see new guilds emerging... this should be encouraged. This isn't a guild recruitment ad as much as a symbol of new things coming to red. Rated 5* <3

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-19-2015, 10:03 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To any new players reading this (and veterans alike). Let your experiences on red speak for themselves, don't let these die hard fun ruining, fraps running, camp lawyering blue guys tell you what's good and what isn't.
Red players think blue is nothing but: "die hard fun ruining, fraps running, camp lawyering"
Blue players think red is twinks ganking noobs

Clearly both players are bias.
Old 05-19-2015, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red players think blue is nothing but: "die hard fun ruining, fraps running, camp lawyering"
Blue players think red is twinks ganking noobs

Clearly both players are bias.
The difference is that you'll only find twinks occasionally ganking groups in places like Mistmoore/Unrest.

The blue description happens in most zones.
Old 05-19-2015, 10:44 AM
Aviak

Global chat turns me off of red.

It's not the fact that there's a global channel that bothers me, it's all the crying, shit talking, mouth breathing that ends up there.

The only people who care about your drama are your guildies, and the person you're in contention with. That's what /gu and /tell are for.

Getting bombarded with peoples petty squabbles in global channels are pretty off putting while leveling up.
Not only does it give you insight to the types of people who play there, it gives you insight to what the top end is like on the server, and like most people suggest, it appears to be straight up cancer.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

The global OOC on red is some of the most toxic vitriol I've ever seen. It takes a special kind of sociopath to play there. We're talking about the kind of people that are going to need some extra monitoring when this project finally shuts down to make sure they're burning down their parents houses or something.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:05 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Global chat turns me off of red.

It's not the fact that there's a global channel that bothers me, it's all the crying, shit talking, mouth breathing that ends up there.

The only people who care about your drama are your guildies, and the person you're in contention with. That's what /gu and /tell are for.

Getting bombarded with peoples petty squabbles in global channels are pretty off putting while leveling up.
Not only does it give you insight to the types of people who play there, it gives you insight to what the top end is like on the server, and like most people suggest, it appears to be straight up cancer.
You can hide OOC in your options. That's what I do. It's as if it doesn't even exist.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:58 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The global OOC on red is some of the most toxic vitriol I've ever seen. It takes a special kind of sociopath to play there. We're talking about the kind of people that are going to need some extra monitoring when this project finally shuts down to make sure they're burning down their parents houses or something.
You're amazing.
Old 05-19-2015, 12:13 PM
Kobold

Just started 'committing' to p99 this week. Started on blue A BIT AGO, and even in the low areas its too crowded. its Manageable, but ruins my experience seeing orc 1 in WC freekin PERMA camped. I want to fight for camps, or at least be able to give up and hit up somewhere else. rather than the whole world being over-flowed.

So, I have migrated to Red. Ive never PVPed in EQ, tho. Havent had much PVP excitement yet even, as I am avoiding Faydwer until I can afford pots and the like... but im looking forward to getting bushwached a bunch. Because, I learn from experience.

but honestly, if the global OOC bothers you, get off the internet. Period.

Either grow some skin and ignore it, or at least chuckle at the stupidity. I lean between the two so far. Besides, having a global channel to uction your crap offi nto seems Awesome. As much of a nostalgia overload running through the WC tunnel on blue server was; I Dread the memories of spending Weeks camping there trying to sell crap. at least now I can have a budy help me xfer it to an alt, and ghetto-ooc-auction my wares while im off practicing.

PS.= cant wait till I can afford to twink a low lvl alt and do some twink wars over CB. I played WoW in 05-08 and after raiding became a giant theme park on rails, all I did was lower bracket Alt pvp. So, in conclusion; Cyall there. give me time to grind and experiment tho. need many much lube for entry. For Now. QQ
Closed Thread