Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Raid Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Default Raid Discussion Roundtable: Parking At Spawn Points With Announced Server Downtime

Hello again,

I am reaching out to all the guild leaders in hopes to gather opinions on this practice. We were guilty of this last night, however there was no repop to find out the consequences or if it is even against any rules.

What is everyone's opinion about moving taggers to raid target spawn points when a server downtime is announced ( for example: last night we had 20 min of notice)?

While the server was down - we started to talk about it a bit - and it did feel not in the spirit of our rules here to be parking taggers to instantly FTE dragons upon logging in. To me that is no different than parking toons at raid targets when things are in 'window' or parking at the spawns in general without the intent to be a designated tracker.

This does not have to involve a large amount of Staff oversight - simply if all the raiding guilds agree to not do something like this with announced downtime or agree that it is not in the spirit of the rules then maybe it can be something we all accept and get a rule added to Sirken's sticky.
Old 06-12-2015, 02:33 PM
Sarnak

I had assumed Normal pops, Earthquakes, and Server Resets all had the same rules. 2 trackers in the zone or at the spawn point, raid force/puller can't move into zone or to spawn until AFTER the mob has spawned.

It would be pretty interesting though to see 150 people logging in to PoF right under CT...
Stunz Andmezs - 60 Enchanter
Bripip - 60 Wizard
Bogmuk - 59 Warrior
Rational - 55 Shaman
Paradoxy - 42 Ranger
Old 06-12-2015, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

You already know how I feel about this since I was the one barking at Catherin yesterday. When a repop is announced you get to a safe area, any FTEr should be at a zoneline since cothing is obviously impossible when the server goes down. Camping out on a dragon spawnpoint is complete abuse of the rule set.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 06-12-2015, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

Ideally you have to stick to the rules but idk who is going to police log in locations every time this happens. I guess y'all will just petition every time an fte is lost and let the staff figure out where they started from? Also preplanned resets seem different then earthquakes, if you're alrdy farming juggs or hate and it quakes, I doubt you're going to tell your guild to clear the zone.
Old 06-12-2015, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ideally you have to stick to the rules but idk who is going to police log in locations every time this happens. I guess y'all will just petition every time an fte is lost and let the staff figure out where they started from? Also preplanned resets seem different then earthquakes, if you're alrdy farming juggs or hate and it quakes, I doubt you're going to tell your guild to clear the zone.
BDA had the first bard in game yesterday at Sev. We actually have the fraps of Deajay checking the zone, F9ing and see Snacks in his rear view mirror, then suddenly Theya popping up at the spawn point of Sev in front of him.

That shouldn't be a requirement though, people should understand the rules and the spirit in which they were developed. Of course it's not ok to log out at a spawn point under the assumption that there will be a dragon there when you log in. How is that possibly justified??
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 06-12-2015, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well if we were in Hate - and it quakes - if the plan is to do Inny then we would certainly port out and port right back The Sim repop message sort of hints at that in a way.

@Chest - We agree that parking at the spawn points with announced Server downtime like yesterday would be against the spirit of the rules. When we had some time to talk about it with the server down, we realized having some of our bards park at the spawn locales was incorrect call and probably would have gotten us suspended.

Just made this thread to make sure we all felt the same way. Seems like so far we do.
Last edited by Erati; 06-12-2015 at 03:38 PM..
Old 06-12-2015, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You already know how I feel about this since I was the one barking at Catherin yesterday.
were you barking at me yesterday? sorry I totally missed that. I wasn't ignoring your barking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I was probably pretty focused on the situation at hand though, being one of the bards

This is being brought up because we want clarification and are more than willing to go along with what everyone wants to do, as long as everyone agrees to do so.

BTW still need my rights to this forum revoked and another Taken Officer put in my place. I am no longer one.
Last edited by -Catherin-; 06-12-2015 at 04:07 PM..
Old 06-12-2015, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

I dunno, if I were in hate and we got a quake message then Id be pretty tempted to move my guild to the fountain and start from there. I agree that you should not be able to pre park on a reset with a 10-20 min heads up. I know my guild has taken advantage of its positioning on sim repops though, specifically I recall on that back to back sev spawn that we had ppl run to dragon's spawn right when the message hit.
Old 06-12-2015, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I dunno, if I were in hate and we got a quake message then Id be pretty tempted to move my guild to the fountain and start from there. I agree that you should not be able to pre park on a reset with a 10-20 min heads up. I know my guild has taken advantage of its positioning on sim repops though, specifically I recall on that back to back sev spawn that we had ppl run to dragon's spawn right when the message hit.
Yea I could see both sides of the coin with a sim-repop happening while already raiding in Hate and Inny is avail to your guild.

If most feel that sim repops are the exception to my OP's clarification then I am fine with that as well since it DOES add some flavor and excitement not always having to do 'proper' raiding procedures due to the unannounced and random nature of an earthquake ( IE- having FTE taggers near raid spawns when it pops)

This round table is mostly for the guild leaders to be on the same page expectation wise so there are no surprises when these situations occur.
Old 06-12-2015, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

This is very obviously against the rules.
Closed Thread