2 brackets, 46-52 and 53-60. Still need to flag some zones FFA. 7 17.50%
1 bracket, 46-60 7 17.50%
Naw 26 65.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

Default Bracket based PvP Idea

So the basic idea is to elminate the whole "are we all in range to soandso" and other problems. I offer two solutions. This does not apply to 1-45 as these levels don't matter.

Solution 1, two brackets.
46-52 entry level end game
53-60 end game
Only level ranges within these brackets could pvp each other. Meaning a 45 couldnt attack a 46 or vice versa. This would allow newer guilds to progress and establish themselves before hitting 53. Only problem with this solution is that you would still have to enable FFA in certain zones such as Sebilis and Planes.

Solution 2, one end game bracket
46-60
Eliminates all confusion as to where you stand. Eliminates the need to FFA any zone (unless level 1s can goto Seb or what not.) Eliminates almost all of the OOR low level farmers. Significantly increases pvp. Downside is that this could lead to a lot more grief if guilds aren't willing to fortify their leveling zones.

Personally I think solution 2 is the best idea as its simple and serves a purpose.
Old 07-14-2015, 12:39 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-14-2015, 12:44 PM
Sarnak

Brackets work better because everyone who belongs in a given zone should be able to kill everyone else who belongs in that zone. I suggested using who you can group with as the range simply because it's extremely easy and I miss the good old FFA days. FFA with teams would be kickass. But brackets are easy and they work.
Old 07-14-2015, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

why not just code it so that if you attack a group, that entire group can choose to join in or just watch?
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
WIPE IT CLEAN ITS TERRIBLE
#elfpals discord
Old 07-14-2015, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eslade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why not just code it so that if you attack a group, that entire group can choose to join in or just watch?
they tried it in beta, ended up being buggy as hell. I think it would be a nightmare to code as some spells would be hard to flag as helpful or harmful IE dispels, cure disease for crim pots, see invis (to fuck up buff stack and bottom slot dots), ect. I remember Canni flagging you for all pvp levels or some shit. It is just too much.

i chose brackets for the simple reason as they are simple. 1-45 is leveling. 46+ is competing. if you can complete your epic and travel to the planes, you are a big boy now.

they should also make YT 46+ already. this would help with low level griefing and also the crushbone leaderboard would actually reflect end game pvp going down.

it would knock out a flock of birds with one stone.
Last edited by SamwiseRed; 07-14-2015 at 01:26 PM..
Old 07-14-2015, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

why not just make it any spell that you cast on another player flags you as soon as you start casting?
#elfpals discord
Old 07-14-2015, 01:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eslade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why not just make it any spell that you cast on another player flags you as soon as you start casting?
Because then people will just wait for someone to be at low health, then nuke them.
Old 07-14-2015, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
not following unless you mean any spell which would present a ton of problems such as porting, healing, buffing someone. id rather deal with a low 40s OOR healer than a 54 one like we have now. aint nobody bringing a level 45 OOR alt to help pvp, they'd be next to useless. no more OOR rez station for u, ect.
Old 07-14-2015, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy_lee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because then people will just wait for someone to be at low health, then nuke them.
Don't attack a group of oor people? it would solve more problems than it would create. porting should be able to be interrupted. same with rezzing. I really don't see the problem.
#elfpals discord
Old 07-14-2015, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

I am still not sure what you are going for. So if a level 9 Shaman gives a level 60 sow that is in a group, they should be flagged for level 60 pvp? Same with binding someone? Porting? Rezzing? There are so many situations where that would be retarded without the system being extreme complicated.

46-60 should be a seperate bracket for pvp. Should be the only level ranges that produce YT. No more which zone should or should not be FFA. I mean I am open for other suggestions such a 50-60 or at the very least 53-60.
Last edited by SamwiseRed; 07-14-2015 at 02:34 PM..
Closed Thread