Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > Quest Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 03:55 PM
Large Bat

Default Quest bug: Mask of the Tundra Walker

As of 8/10/15, the combine for Mask of Tundra Walker in PoM is not working. A black knight, blue knight, black squire and blue squire were not able to be combined in any sort of combination when attempted in the Deck of Spontaneous Generation. Needs fix, thanks!
Old 08-10-2015, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

Where did you get that combine info from?

Pretty sure the correct one is:

Black Throne
Blue Throne
Black Crown
Blue Crown
Old 08-10-2015, 04:12 PM
Large Bat

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/r...l?recipe=45407

also

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...tml?quest=1251

I think you're right, there's two correct ones that work for the Mask, the one I posted was the original combine that was discovered, and later that crown/crown/throne/throne combine was discovered (around 2009 from my research)
Last edited by Naikobi; 08-10-2015 at 04:16 PM..
Old 08-10-2015, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
on Al'Kabor (mac server) the combine is:
Black Throne
Blue Throne
Black Crown
Blue Crown

A nice item for stodgy types to take a walk on the wild side.
Al'Kabor had a code cut off of PoP and likely had to most accurate PoMischief combines. I'd suggest trying the listed combination as it worked on AK and seeing if that works. My guess is P99 used that combination of cards because of how much information they pulled from AK to get their current version of PoM
Old 08-10-2015, 04:19 PM
Large Bat

I will attempt to get those cards you listed, but you posted nothing to disprove that my combination is accurate as well. I think it is an accurate combine and it needs to be fixed on here.
Old 08-10-2015, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

Mask of the Tundra Walker isn't a classic era combine.

The Tundra mask replaced the globe of darkness in 2012 on EQMac. The mac dedicated dev "fixed" some of the combines.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/....197334/page-2

Quote:
"I did find a "new" recipe recently for a Mask of the Tundra Walker, AC10 WIS8, Illusion: Barb, Cast Time 7.0, Class: Cleric, Race: Hum/Eru, combing Black Throne, Blue Throne, Black Crown, Blue Crown, which Allah says is supposed to give a Globe of Darkness."
From a thread on Mac boards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wycca [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
100% Confirmed that Mask of the Tundra Walker will never be on P99. Shame, but don't go making a cleric based on that at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossplay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Proof that it won't exist here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wycca [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Conversation with Alunova.

Did the combine at least make the Globe of Darkness?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-10-2015, 04:25 PM
Large Bat

No, Globe of darkness is a different combine in that it has completely different cards it seems like. I could not successfully combine in the container type when I tried the cards specified in original post.

Also I don't really understand how people can say it wasn't a classic era combine when new combines were being discovered years after velious release. What proves something was "classic" or not ? That said, if nilbog or one the devs say it's not going to be in p99 definitively then I'm OK with that.
Last edited by Naikobi; 08-10-2015 at 04:34 PM..
Old 08-10-2015, 04:43 PM
Aviak

ok so fount just robbed me 2 cards for nothing?! He begged for a FAKE server first!!
Old 08-10-2015, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naikobi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, Globe of darkness is a different combine in that it has completely different cards it seems like. I could not successfully combine in the container type when I tried the cards specified in original post.

Also I don't really understand how people can say it wasn't a classic era combine when new combines were being discovered years after velious release. What proves something was "classic" or not ? That said, if nilbog or one the devs say it's not going to be in p99 definitively then I'm OK with that.
The recipe you identified uses 4 of the most common cards 2x knights and 2x squires.

PoM went through numerous revamps after Velious on Live servers (fewer revamps on the expansion locked EQMac), including the zone in being moved to Great Divide allowing a far larger amount of people access to the zone. The fact that Mask of the Tundra Walker was not found until 2012 and is allegedly made using that super easy combo on live servers, tends to point that it was not in game during the classic time period.

Plus the fact that EQMac which had a closer to classic PoM versus live servers, and the EQMac dev had to go in and specifically enable a different combination (the one I linked), just adds another data point that EQ Mac did not have the easier combination or even the new combination (thus no Mask of the Tundra Walker) during the Original-->Planes of Power era.

I and few cleric-brahs looked into this for a couple years now for any support to get this in game or clickable from inventory and couldn't come up with anything to support it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-10-2015, 04:48 PM
Large Bat

Now you're begging for them back. Ooo this blue throne in my inventory looks delicious. I wonder what it tastes like?!

trololol
that first gif didn't do it justice

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread