Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 02:03 AM
Aviak

Default AC in SRO

The p99 wiki states the following regarding the spawn details for the AC in South Ro. Can anyone confirm if this is correct and if not, what is the best way to spawn him?

Thanks!
__________________________________________________ __________________

SRO Spawn Table

Note: As of January 18, 2014. The South Ro Ancient Cyclops appears to be only spawnable at night and he is much more rare than before. /tar # macro no longer works, and until more testing is done in South Ro, he can spawn *anywhere* in South Ro now and is no longer a static spawn.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a hill just North of the Undead Tower, on the East side of the desert (pos85, neg130). From this spot you can observe three mobs that all spawn on the same spot (approx. pos144, 0) and path in the exact same pattern. They go NorthWest a ways, pause, then return to their spawn point (note that there is sometimes a "ghosting" glitch where they appear to go farther South).

These three spawns are on different respawn timers: 6 minutes, 20 minutes, and 30.6 minutes. (These timers are precise, according to the following data).

The three spawns share some similar NPCs, all three can spawn a sand giants, but they also have unique spawns.
The 6-10 minute spawn can have a dune tarantula and includes Sandgiant Husam. I have also witnessed a crypt mummy spawn a few times, and I know it wasn't the 15-20 minute spawn because I kept the Human Female a Dervish Cutthroat up.
The 15-20 minute spawn can have a crypt mummy (only at night), a desert madman, and Human Female a Dervish Cutthroat.
The 30.6 minute spawn is the placeholder (PH) for an ancient cyclops, and can have a mummy, a desert madman, or Barbarian Male a Dervish Cutthroat.
Old 08-14-2015, 04:08 AM
Planar Protector

I hear 9pm is the crucial time nowadays. Is shit classic tho?

Any time I've needed jboots since the change I've done it the slow OOT way [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you're going to do the South Ro one I'd make sure you're the first to engage him and have fraps running in case a player of low moral fiber decides to engage afterwards and try to KS.
Old 08-14-2015, 05:01 AM
Planar Protector

"player of low moral fiber". Well there are plenty of them in SRo when it comes to AC lol. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-14-2015, 05:52 AM
Banned

1st part = correct

2nd part = incorrect
Old 08-14-2015, 07:35 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I did the AC back in the day and while I don't recall all of the oddities, there were tons of things we did and were told we should do. What was right? Can't really remember but me and my buddy both ended up with jboots from AC in S. Ro.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:53 AM
Planar Protector

Before the changes I just continually killed the 3 mobs that spawned on top of each other. Took maybe an hour but he spawned and I walked away. Wouldn't want to do it in South Ro now.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:01 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Thulghor Send a message via MSN to Thulghor Send a message via Yahoo to Thulghor

South Ro camp is rather rough. Lots of competition.
<The Second Sons> (former member of <Vesica Dei>, <Evoluxa>)

Green Server: Khargulkaronarr - Troll Shadowknight of Cazic Thule - <Venerate>, Mordwin Trueheart - Human Paladin of Erollisi Marr - <Venerate>, Konquest Unrivaled - Barbarian Warrior of Rallos Zek - <Venerate>

(Once Upon a Time: Alarik of the Brell Serilis server)
Old 08-15-2015, 12:06 PM
Aviak

i got it the other day after standing on that hill and killing those spawns. Took me about 30 mins.
Old 08-15-2015, 12:17 PM
Kobold

Ive camped him religiously in the last few months

Doesnt matter how many mobs i kill.. or if i dont kill any.. he may or may not pop and its always at 9pm game time.
Closed Thread