Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 01:40 AM
Planar Protector

Default AGI Broken?

Abacab told me on IRC that Agility in P99 doesn't work the way it should. Granted, dude's been banned for eons, but I was wondering if anyone can confirm or deny this. His basic assertion was that AGI is supposed to improve your avoidance (so, you're supposed to get hit less often) but instead only improves your AC and doesn't affect avoidance. I'm not currently leveling any melee characters but I might twink one up when I hit 50 and get some dough, so I'm interested in this issue for the future.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:09 AM
Banned

I think AC from AGI isn't affected by the softcap % reductions. If you didn't know, the AC displayed in the GUI isn't your real AC. Your real AC is determined by adding up the AC value on your armor. There is a softcap for each class which after your AC exceeds this cap you have diminishing returns (again, a % based on class). I think AC from AGI isn't reduced....which is why it's valuable.

I don't think AGI ever directly affected avoidance.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

I don't have access to the current emu source that p1999 uses, but the public EQEmu code that p1999 was built from used agility and level differential to determine whether or not a hit landed. Once it was determined if the hit landed, AC/Defense was used to determine how much damage would be mitigated.

So yes, agility does help avoid a hit outright, but you should also take into account how much higher/lower in level you are compared to what is trying to hit you.

And warriorman is correct: AC gained from increases to agility should not contribute towards the soft cap on Worn AC.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think AC from AGI isn't affected by the softcap % reductions. If you didn't know, the AC displayed in the GUI isn't your real AC. Your real AC is determined by adding up the AC value on your armor. There is a softcap for each class which after your AC exceeds this cap you have diminishing returns (again, a % based on class). I think AC from AGI isn't reduced....which is why it's valuable.

I don't think AGI ever directly affected avoidance.

AGI also raises the softcap, doesn't just give you AC but actually raises the cap.......one of the most underrated stats in game imho~
Old 11-08-2010, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Where did you hear that AGI raises the soft cap on worn AC? I've never heard anyone say that...
Old 11-08-2010, 12:51 PM
Banned

AGI is a waste of stat

Like I said you'd benefit more by pumping your STA/HP/Resist if you wanted to survive attacks as a melee
Old 11-08-2010, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacab *****h [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AGI is a waste of stat

Like I said you'd benefit more by pumping your STA/HP/Resist if you wanted to survive attacks as a melee
Abacab emerges from NSFW/R&F!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:54 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Abacab emerges from NSFW/R&F!
Just to R&F here ;p
Old 11-08-2010, 12:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extunarian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where did you hear that AGI raises the soft cap on worn AC? I've never heard anyone say that...
Im not gonna dig thru the EQ forums to find it, but if you'd like to feel free, a Dev made a post about it, you'd be surprised how much info you can find out about old game mechanics cause they just post it now.....

edit: I frequently will randomly pick a Dev name from there forums and just browse thru all his post till I find something that actually pertains to content on p99, wish I woulda bookmarked that one now :x
Last edited by Tokum-6n0m3; 11-08-2010 at 12:57 PM..
Old 11-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Orc

Displayed AC is mitigation+avoidance. There's another formula applied to these seperate numbers to reach a real value.

Agi raises the avoidance portion. Raising your AGI will raise the ac softcap indirectly. Until PoP this capped at 200, after that it softcapped to 1/3 benefit and hardcapped at 305.

I'm not certain exactly how the formula is derived, however it did sort of determine (one of) your softcap(s). Different classes are going to have different results.

*This is all referenced by live, who knows on p99.