Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 04:03 PM
Skeleton

Default How IP exemptions work

Hey guys.

I'm interested in coming back to this game and playing with a flatmate using the same IP.

I wrote a thread in the petitions forum for an IP exemption, but so far no reply.

How long do you have to wait until you get a reply? Or do you get a reply at all? Anyone know how this works? Or do they not give IP exemptions anymore due to it not being worth the trouble?
Old 09-03-2015, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

days to weeks. Staff is shorthanded and dealing with other things like Velious. Just check your petition. If its gone from the petition forum check the resolved petitions forum.
Old 09-03-2015, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

Don't bump the thread, and don't abuse the IP exemption once you've got it (ie logging in your "flatmate"'s account to buff you)
Old 09-03-2015, 08:37 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't bump the thread, and don't abuse the IP exemption once you've got it (ie logging in your "flatmate"'s account to buff you)
Yeah, I've read some stories a few years ago about players getting banned for that kind of stuff.

I'm just wondering how long it will take since I (we) have no intention to start seriously playing until we get the exemption, so I was wondering how long I'd have to wait.

Hopefully it will take months, so that we would start after the hybrid exp penalty was removed. Eh, we'll see.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:43 PM
Banned

Mine took about four days. Unfortunately my GF really disliked the game ;w; Stuck with grim dawn while I simulate elfs
Old 09-03-2015, 09:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by teai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mine took about four days. Unfortunately my GF really disliked the game ;w; Stuck with grim dawn while I simulate elfs
I'd ditch her, she's no good.
Old 09-03-2015, 10:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd ditch her, she's no good.

It was pretty rough. I got her setup with some gear and we made Iksars together. After three hours she had a hard time walking and was constantly getting lost/stuck in objects. She also really hated how you don't have much in terms of skill progression and she was just whacking things for several hours.

The dream was over. I remember back when everquest dropped thinking " Wow, if I could find a girl to grind orcs with me, I would be set for life! "

I blame her parents mostly, they never got her into any 3d engine games so she has horrible spatial awareness. Great with Titan's quest/Diablo clones. Though anything first person or even 3rd person 3d gives her motion sickness.

On the bright side, she let me quit my job to play more often and she is working 60 hours weeks. I just need to get over this re-roll curse so I can really start to neckbeard it up.
Old 09-03-2015, 11:01 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by teai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I blame her parents mostly, they never got her into any 3d engine games so she has horrible spatial awareness. Great with Titan's quest/Diablo clones. Though anything first person or even 3rd person 3d gives her motion sickness.
I find this slightly funny since EQ, to me, is just a text game with graphics. I can't really think of any other game, especially an MMORPG, where it was completely okay to have min clip plane and stare at the floor during a raid for the entire fight because computers sucked and Voodoo graphic cards still existed.

Spatial awareness. EQ. Lol. You're funny, man.
Old 09-03-2015, 11:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
On the bright side, she let me quit my job to play more often and she is working 60 hours weeks. I just need to get over this re-roll curse so I can really start to neckbeard it up.
...dude...talk about being dead weight...

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 09-03-2015, 11:34 PM
Large Bat

Its looking like more "weeks" than "days". I am currently in teh situation and its been quite a few days now.
Closed Thread