Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 08:02 AM
Aviak

Default Cheap/easy to acquire armor with graphics for new players?

By cheap and easy, I mean something my level 7 barbarian shaman (or all low level characters for that matter) that can't even afford to buy all his level 9 spells can acquire. It doesn't even have to have stats on it. I'm just looking for the main pieces of a set that all have the same graphic style so I don't have to look at my meat slab naked torso anymore.

For example, just after the first few levels and turning in some bone chips in Kaladim, my high elf looked like this:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'd simply do the same with my barbarian but he can't wear that stuff from Kaladim, as it is small sized. Is there something similar for barbarians? Humans? Etc.? I'll even buy it from a vendor. I just want to look clothed!
Old 09-10-2015, 08:10 AM
Sarnak

http://wiki.project1999.com/Banded_Armor_Set

If you are in Faywder, you are going to have a not so easy time, as most of the stuff that drops around there is small (small ring, small bronze, small patchwork, etc). A set of crafted Banded will probably cost you like 75-100p, less if you find someone who is generous. That's like selling about 30 CB belts or a few stacks of bone chips. Probably your best bet.
Old 09-10-2015, 08:29 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by am0n [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://wiki.project1999.com/Banded_Armor_Set

If you are in Faywder, you are going to have a not so easy time, as most of the stuff that drops around there is small (small ring, small bronze, small patchwork, etc). A set of crafted Banded will probably cost you like 75-100p, less if you find someone who is generous. That's like selling about 30 CB belts or a few stacks of bone chips. Probably your best bet.
I'm actually just outside Qeynos. Is there anything on that side of Norrath? I'll look into the banded as a plan B if I can scrounge up enough plat.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:27 AM
Sarnak

Not sure, then. I only ever level up in Faywder. =P

It looks like if you go to Blackburrow you can kill gnolls to get some Ruined Gnoll Leather/Chain. Seems like you can scrounge up most of a set. Quick look doesn't yield any quests to get a set, though.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:30 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by am0n [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure, then. I only ever level up in Faywder. =P

It looks like if you go to Blackburrow you can kill gnolls to get some Ruined Gnoll Leather/Chain. Seems like you can scrounge up most of a set. Quick look doesn't yield any quests to get a set, though.
Excellent. That sounds like it will suffice!
Old 09-10-2015, 09:34 AM
Sarnak

Np. Here is the link:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Blackburrow

Looks like the chain may not have a tunic (or its just not listed). Looks like the leather has all of the visible slots, though.

Edit: And if you are going to Blackburrow, I'd check out this guide:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Gosh's_B...oll_Fang_Guide

May be useful to help you gain some levels quickly.
Old 09-10-2015, 10:23 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by andvarion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm actually just outside Qeynos. Is there anything on that side of Norrath? I'll look into the banded as a plan B if I can scrounge up enough plat.
Banded is a good choice for a Shaman since you'll need the pieces anyway to turn in for Totemic armor quests... just make sure you get large size or the turnins won't work. Totemic looks like full plate on a Shaman, very nice, especially on a Barb.

Regards,
Mg

OMNI Officer (Retired from EQ)
Check out my P99 Hunting Guide!
Old 09-11-2015, 08:24 AM
Kobold

Totem ic will turn you into a super model. Some smith needs to make this man a set of large banded!
Old 09-11-2015, 08:40 AM
Planar Protector

Kill some bears, turned ruined bear pelts into patchwork armor... its not great but its something, and will give you a flavor of tradeskilling [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

http://wiki.project1999.com/Large_Patchwork_Armor_Set
Old 09-11-2015, 08:58 AM
Kobold

Quote:
just make sure you get large size or the turnins won't work.
This is incorrect. There are 3 sizes of Banded: Small Banded, Banded, and Large Banded. The middle one there is considered Medium Banded and this is what is required for all Totemic quests.

And yes, Barbarians can wear the Medium Banded, so go with that.

Source: http://wiki.project1999.com/Totemic_Armor_Quests
Quote:
They only accept Medium banded armor for these quests, not small or large. Medium banded does not actually say "Medium" on it. It is just called banded armor.
Closed Thread