Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 02:28 AM
Sarnak

Default What's mage pet dps like?

Both the 60 water pet and epic. I assume a good monk/rogue is a lot more?
Old 09-17-2015, 12:39 PM
Banned

Not sure how it is on trash mobs but the epic pet is pretty close in dps to an epic/sos monk on raid mobs. Not even close to a rogue with a solid velious offhand tho.
Old 09-17-2015, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

My only experience of mage epic pet dps was getting destroyed on my red wizard in WC during the Velious launch event lol. I think I was dead in about 2-3 seconds [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-17-2015, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

Epic pet is ridiculous on trash and worse on higher level mobs such as Vindi and such.

But, even a 60 water pet will show on a top 10 DPS meter on a Vindi fight from time to time.

IF you compare 59 Air (Monk) to 60 Water (Rogue) pet while raiding, I would say over all the Air will out dps Water.

The reason is simple. Position. If you....which doesn't happen a lot but if you have to take the time to position your water pet so it will backstab, then that is time wasted. Secondly, I do see 60 water backstab often, but I think the Kick has a better chance of landing (visual observation only) than a backstab.

I don't know the CD for backstab, but I know kick has a chance to land every 6 seconds.
Old 09-17-2015, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

On our first Statue of Rallos Zek kill a Water pet was #2 on the parse. Because he was muzzled, 2 weapons with crap procs, Burnout and always positioned to backstab.

If you're corner tanking and don't have to push the water pet is solid.
Old 09-17-2015, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

Now that I think of it, even having a mage pet hit Velk is weak compared to an actual Monk or Rogue.

I tested this on live (PoP era). My epic pet was worthless compared to the 61 Air pet. The reason was simply the pet level. Pet level 49 vs a pet that was level 60 fighting the same level 62 mob. Epic had a hard time landing hits while the level Air pet landed hits often.
Old 09-17-2015, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On our first Statue of Rallos Zek kill a Water pet was #2 on the parse. Because he was muzzled, 2 weapons with crap procs, Burnout and always positioned to backstab.

If you're corner tanking and don't have to push the water pet is solid.
That's interesting.

I parsed my water pet once on Vindi. Muzzle, BO4 and two velium daggers (crap 6 dmg proc). It wasn't bad, but worse than what the monks and rogues put out.

Max hit is 68, and I was seeing it hit a lot in the 20s. MAYBE this is the bug I posted a long time ago about why mage pets were hitting trash in Icewell Keep (from the front) for only 14 dmg about 70% of the time. (pit trash, not guards)
Last edited by dafier; 09-17-2015 at 01:02 PM..
Old 09-17-2015, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's interesting.

I parsed my water pet once on Vindi. Muzzle, BO4 and two velium daggers (crap 6 dmg proc). It wasn't bad, but worse than what the monks and rogues put out.

Max hit is 68, and I was seeing it hit a lot in the 20s. MAYBE this is the bug I posted a long time ago about why mage pets were hitting trash in Icewell Keep (from the front) for only 14 dmg about 70% of the time. (pit trash, not guards)
If it was beating rogues there wouldn't be many reasons to play a rogue... love topping those dps charts.
Old 09-17-2015, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Love these anon forum accounts firing shots lol
Old 09-17-2015, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's interesting.

He chain summoned until he had a max level pet using a Water Staff. We also only had like 2 rogues on that raid, thus the high spot. But I think the pet was pulling 65~ DPS? I'd have to look at logs again.
Closed Thread