Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 10:04 PM
Aviak

Default Shackle Of Steel

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/hist...es-2001-1.html

Jan 2001-Jul 2001 patch notes state "Fixed The Iksar Shackle Of Steel Quest"

Implies, clearly, it was in game by this point.

Master Rinmark ("An Iksar Master" in Timorous Deep) does not respond to quest dialogue, though this may be a faction issue? Human monk, warmly.

Quest mob in Frontier Mountains (An Iksar Slave) does not appear, either.

/shrug just sayin

Most of this info, noted, is web-based. Have no previous personal experience with this phase of Shackle quest line, admittedly.
Old 09-24-2015, 01:23 PM
Kobold

I too was expecting this quest to update and go live as of this latest update. Did we read the timeline wrong or was it just missed?
Old 09-24-2015, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkverdin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I too was expecting this quest to update and go live as of this latest update. Did we read the timeline wrong or was it just missed?
Was originally reported over 3 years ago. Just missed for this last patch I would imagine. It should be in.
Old 09-24-2015, 04:33 PM
Aviak

Been very much looking forward to it, but never stressing. Kind of more wondering about the faction question, now =P
Old 09-25-2015, 02:23 PM
Project Manager

This should have went in with the last update, but it was forgotten on the timeline.

I'm writing this now, and have a couple of questions.

From reading guides, it appears there should be 2 different versions of 'an iksar slave' and a single 'a crazed iksar slave' in the Droga jail cell. Comments suggest that one of the 'an iksar' slaves responds to keywords, and the other does not (eats items). Does anyone have more information about this step?

Also according to comments this spawngroup should pop/depop after a day elapses. Is this correct?
Last edited by nilbog; 09-25-2015 at 05:11 PM..
Old 09-25-2015, 05:10 PM
Aviak

Nothing definitive, unfortunately.

The difference I know of between Iksar Slave and Crazed Iksar Slave...the crazed one is KOS and the regular one is warmly. As far as auto-despawn, no idea, although I vaguely remember reading something about "But they aren't always up."

Reading the guides, though, it certainly does imply the Iksar Slave despawns on turn in:

'an Iksar slave hands you a shackle and removes the coppernickel shackle so he may flee. He places your shackles on his wrists and darts into the darkness.
You gain experience!!'

I also, from reading further, might be wrong about the Iksar Slave being moved to FM right away; but all info is really anecdotal.

Patch note archives don't mention it again, clear to Luclin release.

Thanks! =)
Old 09-26-2015, 01:38 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From reading guides, it appears there should be 2 different versions of 'an iksar slave' and a single 'a crazed iksar slave' in the Droga jail cell. Comments suggest that one of the 'an iksar' slaves responds to keywords, and the other does not (eats items). Does anyone have more information about this step?

Also according to comments this spawngroup should pop/depop after a day elapses. Is this correct?
Quote:
I saved the Droga part for last because now the rest of this quest is a cakewalk. It just so happens that the "student" that Rinmark was mumbling about is in a cell right here in Droga! Suck down a shrink potion now while you're at a safe spot and drink another invis potion. If you head out of the cell with the broken down door and turn left, you will see a cell across the jail from you. Duck and move in between the bars of that cell. In this cell, you should see some sort of Iksar. If you see "a crazed Iksar," just FD and wait for him to poof. If you see any other sort of Iksar, drop your invis, hail him, and ask him "Are you Veltar?"

If he doesn't respond with "An iksar slave's soiled face shines with a glint of hope. 'You know my name? Who has [sent] you to find me?'", do NOT hand him the key you have just combined. He isn't Veltar, and he will take your key and you will have to do it over again! If he responds as stated, then I'd suggest you finish the conversation with "Master Rinmark sent me." Let him talk some more and ask "Where is the coppernickel key?" He'll rant some more, but you're a step ahead of him. You have the coppernickel key in your hands. Now you can hand him the COMBINED key (make sure it's combined), the Shackle of Copper, and the Shackle of Bronze. He will then give you his Shackle of Steel and all you have to worry about is leaving.
http://mithrilankh.yuku.com/topic/967#.VgWN2ZX53qg
Quote:
Just completed my Steel Shackle quest with the help of a 56 mage friend. Getting down to the jail in Droga with her was cake thanks to call of the hero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Just a word of advice... there are several versions of the "iksar slave" that spawn. The right one is the one that mentions the shackles etc. Other versions will not talk to you when you hail them, fortunately the slaves seem to spontaneously despawn and repop every 10 min or so. I didnt keep track of the exact time sorry.
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...tml?quest=1204
Will implement the quest as mentioned above. The only remaining information I'd like to have is what faction the 'an iksar slave' should be on.
Old 09-26-2015, 04:15 PM
Aviak

Wow amazing work man. I'm going to have to retro-engineer your search and see how I missed this site.

Salute!
Old 09-27-2015, 03:14 AM
Aviak

Oh for the faction, stands to reason he's on Swift Tails. When I conned him in Droga, he conned same as any Iksar monks I have encountered as a factioned human, warmly. He is a student of Rinmark, after all.
Old 09-27-2015, 12:38 PM
Kobold

I just want to make sure I understand. So the slave is going to be implemented in Droga, not FM? I know from looking at comments left on the quest that at some point he was moved out of Droga, so is Droga just where the quest was at this point in the live timeline?
Closed Thread