Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 07:21 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Progress question

I am just curious if the plan for the PVE server is to progress/add content with the expansions and such in the future, or will the content stay frozen where it is?
Old 10-02-2015, 02:34 AM
Fire Giant

The last expansion activated will indeed be velious. The staff did not rule out custom content in the future (in the spirit of classic eq), but do not count on it.
Old 10-02-2015, 02:38 AM
Banned

Very likely to stay in Velious. But maybe many years from now enough people will pressure for Luclin and it will happen. At that point however, the developers might not even care.

I remember reading somewhere that Rogean wanted to make this server because he wanted classic EQ to exist somewhere on the internet. Well that's almost done now. I respect that as a goal, but it's a shame that EQ to the PoP era may never again exist on the internet.
Old 10-02-2015, 07:47 AM
Sarnak

There will be a rolling server that launches parallel with the current blue server. This server will start from the beginning and work its way to the end of velious where characters will get merged into the current blue server and the process begins over again (kind of like Diablo 2 ladders, not sure how Diablo 3 does it).

They did mention custom content that can be added which is in the spirit of classic so dont expect a new class or anything like that. Maybe a custom zone or very rudimentary AA's or something - who knows.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:42 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Thank you all for the info. I just remember how fun LDON's were and the Temperance quest were. When I started the game, it was towards the end and I went on into EQ to win it come out. And not very familiar with expansions and when or when they did not add content. Thank you for satisfying my curiosity. A buddy of mine and I have started on the server and are enjoying ourselves.
Closed Thread