Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 10:58 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Play Nice Policy Doesnt Apply to Bards Making Money

So I'm sure I'm not the only one who witnessed this weekend, but it seems like P1999 admins are okay with Bards who are making money PLing people to take entire zones of mobs - even ones camped by groups trying to take advantage of the double XP weekend.

I read through the Play Nice Policy and found these 2 passages that directly conflict with what took place by several Bards this weekend;

"You may not disrupt the normal playability of a zone or area."

"Monopolizing most or all of the kills in an area."

"You must comply with arbitration for contested spawns."

All 3 listed points in the Play Nice Policy directly conflict with such a player this weekend in LOIO. Even after several players in the zone asked in /ooc for him to stop taking all the mobs from various camped areas (mainly Sarnak fortress ledge)

So I guess this policy only applies to people who are not established, high level, making what only has to be tons of RL cash in charging several thousands of plat per hour to PL people. His group even went as far as to talk smack after they outleveled the zone and a big "F-You" to everyone complaining about it.

Great idea on the double xp weekend, too bad it had to be ruined greatly by individuals like this.

Thanks for your time.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:43 AM
Sarnak

Last time P99 had double exp, it was the worst experience I've ever had on this server. Definitely glad I'm not even logging on.
Old 10-04-2015, 12:38 PM
Aviak

Look if someone is running into your camp stealing all your mobs and there's just nothing to kill at all then take mobs off their kite. Its as simple as that they're now your puller and kiter for you get to get xp until they stop taking your camp.

If they KS you and you can't contest then its just time to move on sadly because if you can't get a gm and you don't have a high level to compete with the damage then obviously there's nothing you can do.
Last edited by holkan; 10-04-2015 at 12:41 PM..
Old 10-04-2015, 12:42 PM
Fire Giant

Yep those bards are the worst! Good news kids! I'm waiting at the ramp to port you away from them!
Old 10-04-2015, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

If the bards have more than 4 mobs you can peel off their kite worry free.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 10-04-2015, 01:13 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by holkan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look if someone is running into your camp stealing all your mobs and there's just nothing to kill at all then take mobs off their kite. Its as simple as that they're now your puller and kiter for you get to get xp until they stop taking your camp.
So if I read this correct, aside from a Play Nice policy that stops griefing of this nature, its okay to do this simply cause "they pulled for your group!"?

Not really seeing how that would be 'okay' if the policy says its definitely not ok.
Old 10-04-2015, 01:25 PM
Orc

Exactly why I never buff, port or rez bards. Bard LFG? rofl nah I'll just log my enchanter and CC from outside group. I also spam a bunch of instant clicks near them if I happen to run by one as their are swarming, they usually die from that. Fireworks work well too.

Or I just peel a mob off them and social a caster in and zone or fd, depending on what toon I'm on.

If its a PL and the bard won't die from the mobs and he takes things from my alt? I'll simply log my wizard and one shot his entire pulls because if he breaks PnP I sure as hell will too.
Last edited by Verath; 10-04-2015 at 01:28 PM..
Old 10-04-2015, 01:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If its a PL and the bard won't die from the mobs and he takes things from my alt? I'll simply log my wizard and one shot his entire pulls because if he breaks PnP I sure as hell will too.
The nuclear option. I like it.

Blue
: Seniksin | Jarshale
Red: Sieg | Cazissa
Old 10-04-2015, 01:29 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I guess I'm just confused is all.

So this server has a policy that clearly states taking entire camps of mobs is not okay, but the general consensus is that if a bard does this, its okay, simply take all the mobs off his train if you want as he is now pulling for said group.

So major contradiction here, if that's the case, then why have a policy at all? It doesn't look like its being enforced and generally on a community level, this is despised but okay.

So which is it? Legal or illegal? Will it be addressed or should I just disregard the Play Nice policy as no one follows its rules?
Old 10-04-2015, 01:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly why I never buff, port or rez bards. Bard LFG? rofl nah I'll just log my enchanter and CC from outside group. I also spam a bunch of instant clicks near them if I happen to run by one as their are swarming, they usually die from that. Fireworks work well too.

Or I just peel a mob off them and social a caster in and zone or fd, depending on what toon I'm on.

jeez.