Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 09:35 PM
Fire Giant

Default Goblin Gazughi Ring - Minimum Level?

I'm slowly playing my Druid who just hit level 24 and I'm getting xp but getting gear at the same time and I would like to try and get a Goblin Gazughi Ring.

Is level 24 OK to head over and sit around, killing everything for a Courier to spawn or am I going to be walking into trouble and get slaughted by the mobs there?
Old 11-03-2015, 10:46 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

You will have some trouble at 24. The casters are a pain. Even if you manage to avoid them, you don't have the mana regen to kill the other mobs quick enough. The placeholders spawn rate is quite high.
Old 11-04-2015, 12:04 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by delonm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You will have some trouble at 24. The casters are a pain. Even if you manage to avoid them, you don't have the mana regen to kill the other mobs quick enough. The placeholders spawn rate is quite high.
PH rate is 30 sec's
Old 11-04-2015, 12:20 AM
Fire Giant

I tried at 29 on my Druid.. too many charm breaks, not enough mana to keep up with trash/soothsayers/respawn. Came back at 34 and it was easy. A charmed grimalkin will tear up stuff, and all you need to do is regen+haste+/pet attack.

I don't really see a 24 having a good time. Soothsayers are pretty painful undercons and there are 3-5 that path very close by, and you wont be able to keep spawn down without a pet.

It's a terrible camp and there's a reason its ~6k off a mid-teens mob. The 30 sec respawn means you have to pay attention since they wander away asap.

Good luck!
Old 11-04-2015, 10:45 AM
Planar Protector

I've XPed there with multiple characters from before level 20, xp slows down about 22. Always get plenty of couriers, must have killed many dozens if not over 100s of the things. Always get bloodstone rings and spirit catchers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

What do people think the drop rate is?
Old 11-04-2015, 11:17 AM
Fire Giant

I have read a lot about getting the ring and see that there is a lot of PH's to kill but I wasn't sure if there was a lot of yellows and blues to also deal with. I figure I couldn't get all the PH's but if I stuck with it long enough, I should be able to get the ring.

Maybe I'll try it at level 29 and if that doesn't work then I'll port people around for donations and save my money to just buy the ring.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

So the best way to make money in this game is to be L60. Camping an item/PP is easier the higher level you are. You do not *need* the ring to level, its a nice convenience. But levels will ALWAYS make whatever you are trying to do easier.

TL;DR: Level naked, it adds color to your cheeks.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Agree, the higher your level the better... you wnt something in this case that'll speedily clear placeholders (mage/necro pet is perfect)
Old 11-04-2015, 06:10 PM
Fire Giant

I do agree that higher the level, the better I would be and not saying that I have to have the ring. It would help but it isn't something that I can't go on without...
Old 11-04-2015, 06:55 PM
Kobold

I've tried farming this thing many times on my bard, I round up everything, AE it down, and then dot every PH that spawns. I've never gotten the ring.

The stupid spirit catcher ring is a cruel joke. It looks different enough from the bloodstone ring that you get momentarily excited, only to realize a second later that you still didn't get the gazughi.

The time I spent trying to farm this thing, I easily could have farmed something else and just bought the stupid ring
Closed Thread