Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 11:17 PM
Aviak

Default Lower end Druid gear suggestions?

New to the game and rolling a Druid. Some very nice bard ran up to me, inspected me, and I'm assuming seeing that I had junk, handed me close to 200 plat. Woohoo! Pretty much just rocking tattered gear I received from CB belt turn in and want to start working on some better gear. Any suggestions on what I should be trying to get would be greatly appreciated!
Old 11-20-2015, 03:29 PM
Large Bat

http://wiki.project1999.com/Druid

Click the "gearing" link. Try and stick with the pre-planar list at first as that's the cheapest. It's really helped me. I'm 31 now and still wear 3 pieces of raw hide. Don't worry too much about it. You can level a druid solo naked no problem.
Last edited by wkbuilder; 11-20-2015 at 03:40 PM..
Old 11-20-2015, 03:34 PM
Fire Giant

At lower levels gear that has +hp and +mana is much better than gear that has STA and WIS respectively. So if you can get cheap +hp or +mana gear, go for that.
Old 11-20-2015, 04:03 PM
Orc

Don't be in a rush to spend it, you don't need the gear.
If you really want, as previously stated, mana/hp/wisdom would be fine if you get a great deal on it for now.

Aside from that, save money... don't worry about buying much now... get the spells you need to level and keep pushing for levels. Mana and wisdom will help, but don't worry too much.
Old 11-20-2015, 04:08 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrez ZVyx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't be in a rush to spend it, you don't need the gear.
If you really want, as previously stated, mana/hp/wisdom would be fine if you get a great deal on it for now.

Aside from that, save money... don't worry about buying much now... get the spells you need to level and keep pushing for levels. Mana and wisdom will help, but don't worry too much.
This is good advice. Spells are going to be the most important expense upcoming. Look for a cheap magic weapon (velium weapons should be super cheap) and maybe a http://wiki.project1999.com/Moonstone_Ring or two if you can find a good deal but otherwise, hold onto it.
Old 11-20-2015, 04:13 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Depends a lot on your level - I suggest farming silks, pelts and other stuff that ppl will buy for their tradeskilling and then sell it. For your 200pp I would buy a 55hp ring.
Old 11-20-2015, 04:58 PM
Aviak

Quest/camp your gear... its far more fun and rewarding, you don't need awesome gear to do well, and you acquire wealth since you are camping spawns that drop other things from the loot table.
Old 11-23-2015, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

I'd focus on cheap AC/HP/Mana gear. Gear won't make or break a druid.

Azure Sleeves (12AC) for 25 to 50p is a way better investment IMO than Platinum Armband (3wis and 0AC) for 150p for example.

But always make sure you have money for spells first and foremost.
Old 11-23-2015, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

Spells are the most important gear you can get.

Don't waste plat on spells that you'll never really need to use or are quickly replaced by upgrades.

Once you have your spells sorted, the next thing you need to get is an enchanter friend, and maybe a fairly tanky melee friend and you'll be sorted.
Old 11-23-2015, 03:02 PM
Aviak

Great info. Appreciate all your input.
Closed Thread