Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 03:03 PM
Kobold

Default TSK, hoping to return, about me

I played eq from 2000 to 2001 and loved every second of it and often reflect back on my experiences there with my old main. Ive always wanted to go back and finish what i started, i tried every race class but the only one i dedicated any time to was my TSK. Working on getting a machine up and running and then finding my old titanium discs, theyre around here somewhere. In the meantime, i want to reflect on where i was when i left.

I played on fenin ro, when i left i had just reached lvl 47. Always wanted to get into endgame raids and my guild was just starting to get there when i left. I was a master at soloing with that toon and could always get exp while looking for groups. I soloed the enitire darkforge armor quest while it was lvl appropriate and plan to do that again it was way fun. Once grouped i was great at pulling. Even when we had a monk in group, i was usually better. Just had it down.

My guild was Mayhem, i still remember Retlon our leader, Suuloti the best de cleric ive ever met, Raedon the enchanter, also the best at it. And Kiaro, a de warrior, and biggest bro in the guild would drop anything he was doing to group up. We finnally got our numbers to point where we could raid plane of fear. Our first and my only raid i got my umbral leggings and everyone else did great as well, retlon picked up the breastplate. I spent all night before the raid just barely dinging the lvl cutoff minutes before the raid started.

Anyway, i plan to reroll a TSK and recreate my experience from back then, i can see myself already in the swamp hitting lvl 5 and running for freeport for a bind and continuing in ec and wc and oasis just like i used to. Then off to lake rathe until 24ish, and start on my darkforge quest. Cant wait to join you guys p99 looks like exactly what ive been missing.
Old 12-27-2015, 04:42 PM
Kobold

So none of my old machines will run. Havent had an actual computer in a few years. Will any of the shelf laptop work to run the game? Any special considerations i should account for? I can spend like 300 to 400 bucks for a dedicated p99 laptop
Old 12-27-2015, 04:46 PM
Fire Giant

Any modern day "off the shelf" PC should be more than enough to run the titanium client. Just a side note, when you install the game make sure to NOT put it in the default directory... specific something like c:\sony\everquest as your install directory and you'll save yourself a lot of headaches.

Drumas - 60 Cleric
Ashintar - 60 Wizard
Old 12-27-2015, 04:50 PM
Kobold

Good to know, thanks. Was mostly worried about issues with os like windows 8
Found a few good candidates online already, gonna swing over to best buy tomorow and grab one
Last edited by Metham; 12-27-2015 at 04:52 PM..
Old 12-27-2015, 04:52 PM
Fire Giant

I've mostly played on Windows 7 and 10, a few brief sessions on Windows 8 but I've not had any issues on those three operating systems... as long as I didn't install to the default directory.

Drumas - 60 Cleric
Ashintar - 60 Wizard
Old 12-28-2015, 06:02 PM
Kobold

Just got home with my new machine. Setting it up now. Hopefully ill be logging in before tonight. Just gotta find my titanium install disc. You guys haven't seen it laying around have you?

Since ive been dwelling on it since last night, i think this time around im gonna roll an Ogre Sk. There's no doubt an sk will be my main as it was before, that class is just to much fun for me. I love the soloability. I love pulling and tanking in groups. 2handers and heavy armor, and all the other general badassery that is sk. I remember troll regen being dead handy while soloing up the low and mid levels, not so much as i got into my late 40s. Since my goal is to get past 50 and try to get my epic and giant quest armor and all the other end game content i missed out on my first go, i think ogre will be a better pick. What do you guys think?
Old 12-28-2015, 06:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just gotta find my titanium install disc. You guys haven't seen it laying around have you?
Better check the kitty KAT
Old 12-28-2015, 06:53 PM
Fire Giant

Consider Iksar SK. Be different...plus Greenmist is and will only be Iksar usable on p99.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Greenmist
Old 12-28-2015, 08:31 PM
Kobold

really having a hard time finding this disc. already got sick once looking for it.
if anyone sees it pm me its exact location maybe?
Old 12-28-2015, 08:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
really having a hard time finding this disc. already got sick once looking for it.
if anyone sees it pm me its exact location maybe?
I think I've seen it. PM'd you.
Closed Thread