Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 03:20 PM
Banned

Default Sol B Freeti Trash - Shaman Strat

He guys, a couple weeks ago someone PM'd and asked what my strat for leveling at the efreeti trash spot in Sol B (my favorite spot I might add) to get from 57-60.

Its not the first time Ive been asked and wasnt able to log in and just show someone, so i dug around and found some crude maps I made the last time someone reached out to me. I walked both myself and this stranger through my process for entering SolB via the main LS ent and navigating to the camp, moving through mobs you want to ignore and camp agro, and what mobs, spells and locations etc to kill and use etc.

I thought you all might be interested and it may help a stranger in the future grind up at the best spot in the universe.

I want to add that I got through 59 here in 3 days, of coming home from work, grinding for a few hours and logging comfortably, it really is a fantastic spot to get through that last hell level, so you can delve deeper and greedier into the caves and take Tranix's throne for your self and retire as a lava shaman, a true fire giant.

Anyway, so here is the reply to his PM asking me about the spot, I hope it helps you folks!:

I made this map to help someone do the same thing so let me try to walk both you and myself through it:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The yellow dotted line is the quickest easiest point of entry and walks you through a lava tunnel, through some bats, a couple Kolbolds and one LDC vie Lavastorm Zonline. I know it is cluttered and it looks like shit, but its all there if you look at it closely heh.

First buff up at the ent and get full mana. Make sure you have levitate to get through the lava tunnel, you'll notice you might have to clear Kolbolds (just root rot or root & camp agro after you run into the lava tunnel).

Shotly after walking through the lava tunnel, you will encounter 2 static bats & 1 bat pather (that you can often avoid all together if your timing is right)

I root both of them, then camp agro (you can see on the map there is a spot you can use line of sight to camp out the agro, and be safe when you log back in if they path back to thier spots, if they dont, simply re root and camp agro again, or if you REALLY want to, just kill them, its easy 2 bats to rot, there is one pather you have to watch out for though you will likely encounter IIRC so it MAY be 3 bats if you are unlucky.

There is a lava duct crawler you will want to kill until you get really good at ninja crawling through this area. he is located just at the edge of the lilly pads.

Inside the efreeti tunnel entrance is 2 imp guards and one lava guardian. if you wait far enough out in front of the opening to the lair (over the lilly pads, the rocks given their name because of their look) you can single pull the lava guardian.

(DO NOT root rot the guards and the guardian inside the opening to the lair! There is a pathing imp that will agro, and if you get bad luck will pull the next 3 down onto you! so this first fight needs to happen over the lilly pads, make sure levitate is fresh!)

once you have cleared those 3 wait for the pather, i like to solo kill him. When you get good, you can add him to the 3 opening guard rotation, i like to do 4 mobs at a time at this camp.

after you kill the pather (4 mobs so far, LG & 3 Imps) run up to the next level, there are 3 mobs.

I never use a dog pet, cus they take so much mana, so what i would do is carry around 5 or 6 of those 3 charge instant root goblin nets, at the end of the night i would gate to north freeport and recharge them on a merchant, and then just run back to sol b the next night to start this rotation again. So Ill explane next strat for both, with a dog, or with goblin nets (the eliete version hehe).

send dog up, and root all 3 Imps and kill them. Or if goblin nets (special cool version) step up, click click click... root root root and rot. use mana spent on dog, on self, healing and refreshing regen.

there are 2 mobs down the way you do not need to kill, but when you get efficent you can throw them into your rot rotation, ignore them for now.

there is a pather that roams the stairs up towards the efreeti lair. root and kill him.

next is the patio outside of the efreeti lair. 3 static mobs, and 1 pather that lurks inside the doorway to the efreeti room, you can see through the wall with shrink to time the pull of the 3 on the patio, so you dont have to deal with 4 initial mobs.

simply kill the 3, then when ready, kill the one that lurks inside the efreeti room to finish off this rotation.

At this point the guardians to the lair should be respawning, go down and kill them, and just repeat the process over and over again for probably like 1 weeks worth of play time, just evenings, you can get to 60 there easy.

Some notes: next to the patio, infront of the efreeti liar, a path leads down towards the 2 extra mobs. DONT walk down that path, there is a trap floor that will send you falling into the lava and most likely perishing a horrible death. you can see the trap floor part if you look off of the patio just right, its like a bridge of stone that is like 2 inches thick.

lastly there is this final section: Corpse Recovery!

Here I will teach you, what to do when you inevitably die, inside of the lair like you accidentally pulled the whole efreeti and die in the hallway deep as fuck in there and youre like oh shit im screwed!

well not really, so that big lava pool that (if you fall into it, you cannot get out of, you have to leave and come back from the start, so dont do that!)

in that big lava pool however, is an underwater lava tunnel that you can swim to that will take you all the way back to the ent, just before the bats that you had to circumnavigate to get to the lair. you can from there walk right out, but why would you want to do that? that tunnel is more for getting BACK inside the lair, without any agro, into a spot that will allow you to /corpse drag your corpse and loot it, should you perish horribly in the lair.

Important: keep bat wings in the BANK! or if not, there is a merchant in WC that sells them, or maybe its EC.. well its one of those zones, there is a reagent vendor that will sell you bat wings if you have none.

the image below is a closeup of the big lava room where the freeti trash is, from the map above:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Follow the yellow path using levitate and hope people are there to kill the kolbolds (or root & camp) your way to the opening to the underwater lava tunnel.

next make sure you cast fire rest on yourself, so the lava does less damage, also probably a hit point buff and stamina.

swim through the tunnel In green, there is a little spot you can pop up and heal, mentally get ready to be finished with the nightmare that is Everquest corpse runs hehe.. then swim into the big lava area, and be QUICK and CAREFUL because if you are all willy nilly with levitate on walking around you may agro a bunch of shit and get a train on yourself, but if you are careful you should be able to poke around and get in range to a corpse even pretty deep into the freeti lair.

Ok that about wraps it up, I dont get on much these days so I cant really show you in person, but maybe ill get the itch after having written this up and come online to check up on you, just let me know some of your play times or if you are gonna give it ago.

Id love to hear how the progress goes, also please feel free to ask me any questions to clarify anything.

yea let me know how it goes, good luck! Its a super fun camp & once you get 60, its time to delve even deeper to take Tranix's throne!

pps the map is pretty acurate though sloppy, look for shitty yellow x's where the blue stuff describes things, and as you explore learning the camp yourself try to figure out where exactly the Xs are and use them, i got pretty nerdy with pixel space and agro radius and such

good luck!
Old 01-04-2016, 04:56 PM
Kobold

Great guide for classic content.

As a Shaman, in Kunark or Velious era, at that level (57-60) you should be soloing and leveling inside HS (Charasis). Not only is the ZEM way higher but the loot is vastly better. Plus, once you make a Necro or Enchanter friend you can duo 3/4 wings killing almost every boss in the zone.
Old 01-05-2016, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

I'm assuming this strat requires epic?
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 01-05-2016, 03:38 PM
Banned

yea shaman requires epic tho, like shaman is fun sure.. but shaman with clickies is the most fun in the universe.

I would be pretty sad for a pal that leveled past 49 without an epic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-06-2016, 03:27 AM
Planar Protector

57 here and rockin no epic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The one nice thing is it has forced me to group duo for the majority of my time - which in the end I find more rewarding/fun.

One day I'll finish his click.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 01-06-2016, 06:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
57 here and rockin no epic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The one nice thing is it has forced me to group duo for the majority of my time - which in the end I find more rewarding/fun.

One day I'll finish his click.
by no means am I saying that leveling in a group enviornment (with any class) is not fun! Its great yes! And 57+ grouping for a shaman is feel good endorphan rush with AoE slow (cast that shit on any bad pull and youll soon realise there is no such thing as a bad pull anymore).

I myself have leveled TWO shamans to 60 on p99 (i know get a job or a life) and can confirm both ways are interesting and fun!

BUT shaman, above all other classes, when using all the clicks they have at their disposal, are Pve solo MONSTERS and it is SO much fun to just decimate every XP camp by yourself, deep in dungeons from level 45-60. I say 45+ because that's when the JBB starts working.

Clicking from 45-49 in one night at the city of mist moat, killing so much that you want to pull from the arena, BY YOURSELF feels like you are tunares child incarnate and are walking norrath with the wrath of veeshan behind you.

I remember walkn around in my blackend iron suit, with my JBB arms/bracers/gloves and RP'ing that I was an android shaman shooting lazers out of my cybernetic arm cannons at 45.. it feels sooooo god <3
Old 01-06-2016, 07:59 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

As a new 45 shaman without the funds for jbb, this makes me a bit sad.
Old 01-06-2016, 09:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-B [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a new 45 shaman without the funds for jbb, this makes me a bit sad.
take one monk pal with you and you wont be sad, what you cannot afford to do solo, you can duo!

or take one monk + one other class and just do all this and the efreeti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That said, to do any of the OP, you do not need JBB. I Only used JBB from 45-49 because after you can use the epic, the JBB is arguably worthless.
Old 01-27-2016, 02:06 PM
Kobold

By the way I want to give a big thank you to this guy. His strat worked great. I went from 56 to 60 at solb using his info. I don't think hes accurate about the 9 hours to go from 59 to 60. Cause I was in there killing for 8 hours a day without dying and you can only get about 35% if you kill all 12 EVERY time they spawn. So my 59 was about 30 hours total. Its just not possible to get thru 59 in 9 hours there. Not enough spawns. But the exp here puts grouping to Shame.

A few things I learned though.

- Don't bother doing this without Fungi. I had one the entire time and when my regen wore off(so no longer double regen) you just don't regen enough to keep all 12 mobs down. Even with Fungi sometimes you gotta take a cani/regen break. ***Negate this if you are a troll or iksar lol. I am an ogre and don't have the innate regen.***

- And hes right YOU WILL die. At least once or twice every time you break in there. A few bad root breaks or forgetting the timing of your root cycle. Those fucking imps backstab for 400+ I went from 99% to 5% in one round. And I have quite good gear. It is quite rough at times. Once you get the hang of things it gets less stressful but its def a tough camp even for those that are very geared.

- Obviously if you don't have epic don't bother. Just too fast respawn for it to be mana efficient without epic.

- Get a fresh aego/DMF before you go in (if you can). I mean EC is 2 zones away takes 10 min. Those 2 buffs last for like 2 hours+ and really help breaking the camp. Not only for bad root breaks but also if you don't have peggy cloak. Having levi up entire time helps. I didn't have levi cloak so I had to carry wings. I mean its not bad but levi last like 20 min. Recasting sucks. Id suggest c2 but it doesn't last very long. So not worth the effort.

- "If unsure ROOT again". Youll have 4-5 mobs rooted at at time. If at any time you start to lose your mind and not sure where you are at with your epic/root rotation ... just fucking root again. Trust me. This thought process saved my ass so many times I cannot tell you. Them breaking and you getting nailed for 2-3 rounds sets you back A LOT longer than just spending the 2-3% mana it takes per root. This camp isn't nearly as forgiving as CoM ramparts when it comes to how hard mobs it.

I don't think I have anything else for you guys. If you have any questions about my experience in there for the last 4 lvls let me know. I was in there quite a lot the last month.

Again though iruinedyourday thank you for this and the strat.
Old 02-13-2016, 03:07 PM
Banned

I'm glad it helped! Maybe the 8 hour sessions a day 59-60 just felt like 3 hour ones for me cus the spot is so fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also your addendums are 100 %

Reading though your post was great I could visualize you mastering the camp and gives me good feels to know there are likeminded shams out there. Grats on 60!
Last edited by iruinedyourday; 02-13-2016 at 03:10 PM..
Closed Thread