Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 06:42 PM
Planar Protector

Question Climate Change

Yay or nay?

I'm a yay guy but not a scientist. I live a semi-subsistence lifestyle and have noticed a dramatic change in the land and food available for harvest each year. It seems to only be getting worse for almost every type of food harvest plants, animals, and seafood. I'm just a human so this could just be part of a larger cycle that I am unaware of.

What do you think? Also, if ya feel like soapboxin, why?

**For the sake of clarity and the average academic level here on p99, lets stick to simple sentences and emotion. **
Old 02-04-2016, 06:55 PM
Banned

I live pretty far inland from a major body of water, like several hours drive, and there are seals outside my winter abode on the shore of the river yapping all night. Local paper is saying the glacier they used to reside on has been melted away and they were washed up the river by the current formed from the melting icewater. I for one think the Employment Prevention Agency should do something about this before I lose my mind from lack of sleep.
Old 02-04-2016, 07:31 PM
Planar Protector

It's Cloud Seeding MAN they're trying to kill us all MAN.
Don't you see it MAN! It's all a big cover up MAN!
*Pulls Tinfoil Hat Down Over Eyes*
Old 02-04-2016, 07:41 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-04-2016, 07:56 PM
Sarnak

Climate change is a social construct.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:01 PM
Banned

I think it's pretty obvious that you should not spend large amounts of money on a gasoline powered commuter car if you intend to keep it for 5+ years.

I feel exactly the same about fossil fuels. If you want to invest in sources of power, they are not what you should be spending money on for once again, obvious reasons. The cost to obtain, the fact that there is a finite amount of it, the aftereffects of use all imply that money invested should be invested elsewhere.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:03 PM
Banned

I grew up learning about pollution being the problem. The interesting thing is that most things that lessen/eliminate the production of pollution also lessen/eliminate the release of hydrocarbons in the atmosphere.

Why didn't we just stick to that? Global warming won't kill you, literal poison does.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-04-2016, 08:08 PM
Banned

If there is one thing I know for sure. p99 forum posters and players will definitly know how to better solve our environmental problems.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:14 PM
Fire Giant

Carbon dioxide is an effective greenhouse gas. We, humans, have dumped a lot of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere that wouldn't be present otherwise. Anthropologic climate change is a thing. How impactful is it? No clue.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibblewitz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Carbon dioxide is an effective greenhouse gas. We, humans, have dumped a lot of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere that wouldn't be present otherwise. Anthropologic climate change is a thing. How impactful is it? No clue.
let's do nothing until we know the exact position and origin of every greenhouse gas particle in the atmosphere

further study is needed
Last edited by Pokesan; 02-04-2016 at 08:33 PM..
Closed Thread