Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 03:22 AM
Planar Protector

Default TMO, Bluebies who tried Red! Give me your horror stories of grief and despair

Hi Blue pals,

I know it's disgusting that Gongshow is trying to lure you into their red server only to grief you, your pal smedy has your back though!

I am making a top 10 reasons not to join Red. As a avid promoter of everquest and pvp i think i'd be doing both you and people looking for pvp a favor by creating this video so no un expecting new player put their foot on red thinking it's going to be:

1. blue
2. red

Share your stories with your pal Smedy and i will include the best ones, lets help save peoples time and sometimes quiet possibly their life

Signed, your pal Smedy
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 02-10-2016, 03:28 AM
Planar Protector

I became the most powerful player ever.
Old 02-10-2016, 03:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I became the most powerful player ever.
ur good at sports and host the leaderboard which has allowed me to shut down countless of warm bodies arguments, i'll allow it and thank you for your services
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 02-10-2016, 03:40 AM
Planar Protector

reason not to come to red
Fandango Empire Beastagor Friends Lake of Ill Omen 3.75 May 10 2015 2:36:04 PM

u have 2 deal w/ me
Old 02-10-2016, 03:49 AM
Aviak

Red is not for the feignt of heart... I haven't played here, but did on live. PVP servers are just brutal by nature.
1) Leveling sucks - nothin like a griefer popping you down to 5% and letting a mob finish you off
2) There goes your loot - If your moving slow, that griefer will save you the exp death just to take that plat off your hands
3) What corpse? - If you want your stuff, wait for said griefer to get bored enough to walk away from your body.
4) No economy - No one pays plat, because its easier to just kill you and loot that plat off of you (sometimes before the trade, sometimes after).
5) What raids? - Your initial guild raids are going to get smashed, usually by the top guild, insisting if you want to kill a mob, you join them.
6) Join or Die - Every live PvP server had 1 dominate guild, if you don't like their rules or their players, sucks to be you.
7) You get level 60 and get in with that top guild, the re-griefing gets boring really fast.
Couldn't come up with 10, I fail.

Pros: Its just fun to make a character get him up the level and be better than that top guilds worst player... Nothin like spoiling the fun for that poor sap. It's a great waste of time, as long as after picking the wrong "poor sap" you don't take someone camping your corpse for 24 hours too personally.
Old 02-10-2016, 03:50 AM
Planar Protector

I tried red. I actually liked it for a little while. I liked the thrill of having to watch my back all the time and it added a new social dynamic to the already great social game EQ has to offer. What eventually turned me away though honestly was the toxic community. So much racism, ignorance, hatefulness, bashing and trolling. I mean, being competitive is one thing but being a straight up douchebag all the time and by the great majority of people I ran into quickly turned me off from the server.

I couldn't even auction an item off without someone trying to rip into me about something. It honestly (and I'm not saying this to try to be mean, really being honest here) reminded me of middle school. A bunch of people just yelling obscenities at one another as if they just learned how to swear and talk shit.

Eventually I just got tired of hearing/reading/dealing with it. It wasn't even the pvp just the people there. Pvp must just attract some trashy individuals.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 02-10-2016, 04:00 AM
Planar Protector

tbh i cant think of reasons to not join red other then being unable to roll an alt when you're getting corpse capmed and you're too proud to LNS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune View Post
Dance puppets dance.
Old 02-10-2016, 04:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by snow_man [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red is not for the feignt of heart... I haven't played here, but did on live. PVP servers are just brutal by nature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow_man [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1) Leveling sucks - nothin like a griefer popping you down to 5% and letting a mob finish you off
- This rarely ever happens. Also, being PvP'd is not the same as being griefed. Being griefed is having a player or group of players continually harass you over and over. A player PvPing you, wants the kill, they don't want a mob to get it...

Quote:
2) There goes your loot - If your moving slow, that griefer will save you the exp death just to take that plat off your hands
- No one carries plat, you carry gems. You have a level 1 trader in NFP that is PvP protected.
Quote:
3) What corpse? - If you want your stuff, wait for said griefer to get bored enough to walk away from your body.
- Most people don't corpse camp and you always have the option of Loot and Scoot which allows you to call LNS in /ooc and get your corpse and progress to another zone for 1 hour.
Quote:
4) No economy - No one pays plat, because its easier to just kill you and loot that plat off of you (sometimes before the trade, sometimes after).
- ... see 2.
Quote:
5) What raids? - Your initial guild raids are going to get smashed, usually by the top guild, insisting if you want to kill a mob, you join them.
- For a guild starting up, Empire really has no interest in interfering with a new guild's raid. Empire is in ToV on set hours every night and leave quite a bit of content up for any other guild to go after.
Quote:
6) Join or Die - Every live PvP server had 1 dominate guild, if you don't like their rules or their players, sucks to be you.
- Duh?
Quote:
7) You get level 60 and get in with that top guild, the re-griefing gets boring really fast.
- I still don't think you know the difference between PvP and griefing
Old 02-10-2016, 04:12 AM
Aviak

@Ella sounds like your stuck on #7 trying to get new potentials to grief =p
Old 02-10-2016, 04:12 AM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

Quote:
red has a boosted exp rate, and global ooc chat for organizing groups. i regularly level alts to 60 without powerleveling or any twinking beyond 6/65 rings and hit 60 in a week or two casually.

Quote:
PVP servers force you to become a better player. If you ever become encumbered, you are a bad player, and other players are going to take advantage of your weakness.

Quote:
You can Loot and Scoot on red

Quote:
Global OOC chat, there's definitely an economy and if anything it beats the shit out of blue because you can auction things while you're actually playing the game. Everyone trades on alt characters of random levels, so you can't get PKed due to the +/-4 level range PVP. Just camp over to your freeport mule it's as simple as that.

Quote:
this is a pretty solid point. top guild on red lets anyone apply who isn't a sperger or server reject, but there aren't any real viable alternative guilds on the server. there's an extremely casual guild, and then a pvp guild that's trashcan at raiding.

Quote:
dominant guild on red pretty much only cares about killing dragons, they could care less what other guilds are doing tbqh

Quote:
its all in the eye of the beholder

would agree with more of your points if the p99 pvp server was like the live pvp servers, but its not.
Closed Thread