Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 12:05 AM
Kobold

Default necromancer journey to PoM.

Any necros familiar with the journey through ToV to enter PoM? I have a good understanding of the procedure I just need to know if harmshield and a DA idol is enough to get me there safely. All I am interested in is the box for flowers as I have purchased some squires.
Old 03-06-2016, 07:56 AM
Planar Protector

Doubtful. There's a couple guilds that sell CoTH's - ask Nemce of AG or Eratani of Awakened.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 03-06-2016, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

Getting through ToV with 1 DA and 1 Idol was doable during Luclin but you needed a bard to cast the 1minute selos on you outside first.

With just SoW I think a DA and Idol you will get close but your idol DA would die before you got to click in.
Old 03-06-2016, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

There is a route you can take were you get pretty close before you have to pop your DA Idol. I think its do able. If not wait til later today and have someone coth you while they are socking dragons.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 03-06-2016, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Haven't played Velious here outside of beta, but am I missing something?

Quivering Veil -> Harmshield -> DA idol is more than enough time with SoW assuming you're starting at the 2 drakes before Aary (ie not KoS). You can even probably stop to tell Dagarn a joke if he were ever up.
Old 03-06-2016, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Getting through ToV with 1 DA and 1 Idol was doable during Luclin but you needed a bard to cast the 1minute selos on you outside first.
the 1 minute selos you are talking about is the click from the Velious BP, which is selos song of travel. it has an invis component which would drop the entire effect the moment you casted a spell or DA idol so im not sure how it really helps at all. unless you had the bard run in with him too with group DA to give him a head start.

was there something about luclin that changed that?
Old 03-06-2016, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

No there is a new song in Luclin that was a 1.5minute long Selos. You got a pulse of it outside, zone in, run to Aary ramp, get a bard DA or cast self DA, run through pop idol and you can make it to PoM before it ends.

Pasi - You won't have a chance to channel your HS, you will get wrecked most of that stuff runs at SoW speed because of random glimmer drakes. You can do a casted DA, aggro stuff, and burn your idol. There isn't any lull that allows you to cast another casted DA once your train has been aggroed.
Last edited by Daldaen; 03-06-2016 at 02:43 PM..
Old 03-06-2016, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No there is a new song in Luclin that was a 1.5minute long Selos.
oooooo!
Old 03-06-2016, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

I've never tried to click someone with my PoG BP I guess I'll have to try that.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 03-06-2016, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Pasi - You won't have a chance to channel your HS, you will get wrecked most of that stuff runs at SoW speed because of random glimmer drakes. You can do a casted DA, aggro stuff, and burn your idol. There isn't any lull that allows you to cast another casted DA once your train has been aggroed.
While there is definitely some risk with stopping to cast Harmshield, it's a level 20 spell (channels well) with a 1 second cast. I didn't touch PoM much until I was given one of our necro accounts (thanks Vzage) in late Velious, but I frequently did this run in Luclin with just runspeed 3 which is slower than a SoW pot.

Anyhow, there's certainly risk, but I think the success rate is pretty high. There's also not a ton of risk on a necro as you can bind outside, summon your corpse, and rez. Just stock a coffin on a body.

Edit: IS the beta server still around to dick around on? I'll make a vid.
Last edited by pasi; 03-06-2016 at 03:21 PM..
Closed Thread