Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 06:09 PM
Kobold

Default What am I doing wrong ?

Ill keep this simple. Im currently level 15 and am leveling up in oasis. Im broke as shit, and cant afford most of my spells. I loot normally everything and sell it. Any advice on how to increase my income so I can actually afford spells , and then after that maybe a few pieces of gear ?
Old 12-09-2010, 06:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisenfaust [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
am leveling up in oasis
theres yer problem captain. Look for humanoid type mobs (bipedal) to get some cash flowing.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

Bronze weps would be your best bet until you're in the mid-high 20s.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 12-09-2010, 06:13 PM
Planar Protector

Wisps drop GLS which sell for plat to both venders and players..so do HQ skins off the bears ..Both in WC and both should still give you some XP. Farm and sell bone chips...or like Azeth said..humanoids.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:14 PM
Kobold

Power through the crap in Oasis and when you're about 19-20 head to Lake Rathe. The Aviaks drop decent gold (usually 4-8g each) but also bronze weapons that vendor for 1p-8p depending on what it is. Its not a lot bu I'm sure it'll help you. Besides that these cousins of Big Bird are pretty good exp too.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:07 PM
Orc

Oasis of Marr is way way overrated for levels 10 to 17.

West Karana is better cash and xp. Start out with Wisps, lions and Bears for furs. At 12 move onto the bandits in the mountains. Bandits drop bronze weapons at a faster rate than I have seen Orcs drop them plus they drop the Bandit sash. The sash is turned in in Queynos for Faction, XP and a bronze weapon worth 1pp to 4pp. On a 2 hour solo session I could collect 16 sash's and 4 or 5 bronze weapons.

After doing 12 to 16 there I earned enough for my level 16 spells and had ~150pp left over. There are good solo spots with few to no adds, if needed.

If your evil you'll need to work something out with a good race to do the sash turn in. I split the sash profits with a NEC i duo'd with he went to the S. Queynos zone invised to get the XP and faction.

================
Maestron lowbie Enchanter
Fissel Even lower Druid
Old 12-09-2010, 07:27 PM
Fire Giant

Upper Guk. Frogloks are loaded.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 12-09-2010, 08:00 PM
Banned

find humanoids to kill, loot everything, sell, repeat. I leveled up in crushbone and that place was a goldmine for loot. Never had a problem with spells.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:01 PM
Planar Protector

I leveled in CB and sold probably 50-70 belts to people in GFay. Came out with 150+ pp by the time I went to the Oasis.. Know you're a little high but nothing wrong with a little farming..

I like the WK idea though.

You should let everybody know what kind of class you are, depending on that you could have different options too, but with any class you can find some cash somewhere. You're probably not doing anything wrong, I mean you are getting exp, amirite?
Serilis - 60 Wizard
Decisive - 60 Bard
Winsloe - 60 Rogue
Zaggasauarus - 27 Necro
Last edited by bizzum; 12-09-2010 at 08:15 PM..
Old 12-09-2010, 08:22 PM
Kobold

Qeynos Hills: Wisps, rabid wolves and rabid grizzlies. Wisps give you gold to platinum depending upon what kind of lightstone they drop. Rabid wolf and grizzlies pelts are worth 2+pp to Priestess Calruia at the temple of Rodcet in Qeynos. You also can get roughly 1% XP per turn in at 15th level and the bear pelt turn in also gets you a copy of Endure disease, which you can sell to a vendor for almost 2pp. In the space of 3 to 4 levels, I have gone from almost no money to 500pp.

Torqumada
Closed Thread