Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 06:22 PM
Banned

Default Sqwid - Wipes HS Group and Logs

I need to tell a little story.

/rant on

Some buddies of mine and I were forming up a Howling Stones North group. We consist of an enchanter, mage, paladin, and cleric...all pretty decently geared for not having much raid time.

We see this level 60 Shaman by the name of Sqwid at the SF Ramp in Overthere with a /lfg tag on. After a brief chat, he agrees to come along.

Heading out as 5, we get into the camp spot smooth as silk. Sqwid is very well geared, and contributing greatly to the group. The first 4 pack goes down easily and as I walked onto that room's carpet, I remind myself that these are typically trapped and proceed to /g "beware of the carpets if you don't have levi!"

Overlooking the ramp that leads down to the trapped carpet area, we proceed to clear everything but the far back room. Pace is lovely, spell scrolls are dropping, and we're all happy.

Twenty minutes later, Sqwid proceeds to randomly (unannounced) run down the ramp, onto the carpet, and falls through the floor. Now, keep in mind...at that very moment, our paladin was simply running up to the next pull @ 100% HP. The cleric, unaware of the shaman's "positional error," tried a Remedy. Sqwid successfully gated, and the train proceeds to wipe us up topside.

Shortly after the wipe, I say exactly this in group chat:
"why the fuck are you walking on carpets dude?"
"what would compel you to go down there?"

Sqwid immediately responds with:
"you want to hate"
"or want me to help"

Approximately three minutes later, my group decides we'll just buy some coffins and do corpse drags that way. It is announced in group chat. Immediately after, Sqwid leaves the group and is offline.

Currently we are trying to CR with very limited resources and not a whole lot of help available near the HS drop/entrance. It is assumed Sqwid has logged off and isn't coming back to help.

Was I wrong in what I said? Yeah, the F-bomb obviously didn't help anything...I get that. However, do those 17 words warrant someone ditching a group that desperately needs someone alive w/ their gear to assist with the CR?

The way I see it, this player is a child. If you can't take a bit of discontent after a totally bullshit, needless, braindead manuever that causes a troublesome wipe...well I suppose that's where we go our separate ways...just after we get everyone out of the shitty situation.

The bottom line is this dude is causing 4 others a whole bucket load of pain-in-the-ass EQ right now...and in my opinion he is ultimately responsible. Keep in mind, its not like our tank was off somewhere in a room rooted or dangerously low health. We had just finished a pack and the paladin was at 100% hp moving up towards the next pull.

/rant off

I don't know what guild this guy was in.

Also, if anyone can give us a hand w/ the CR I'll make it worth your while in Plat.
Old 03-27-2016, 06:27 PM
Fire Giant

Everquest.
Old 03-27-2016, 06:37 PM
Planar Protector

Way to build community OP.
Old 03-27-2016, 06:41 PM
Orc

Cleric's fault for not paying attention and healing him w/ agro down there. Be better.
Old 03-27-2016, 06:43 PM
Planar Protector

I hope you die in game.
Old 03-27-2016, 06:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by p99teabagz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cleric's fault for not paying attention and healing him w/ agro down there. Be better.
Aye. This was discussed as well amongst ourselves. It was a mistake, absolutely.
Old 03-27-2016, 07:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol it makes me laugh that you came here expecting sympathy
Glad I could brighten up your day!
Old 03-27-2016, 07:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Shortly after the wipe, I say exactly this in group chat:
"why the fuck are you walking on carpets dude?"
"what would compel you to go down there?"

Sqwid immediately responds with:
"you want to hate"
"or want me to help"

you're shithead and im gonna train you

cu soon kid, real soon
Old 03-27-2016, 07:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you're shithead and im gonna train you

cu soon kid, real soon
Cool.

Update: Wyntir the Preserver of <The Mystical Order> graciously facilitated a CR. I'm new to P99 and have only seen one other title before. This guy is a class act and a personification of what it means to hold such a title.

Thank you also to the BDA cleric, Izra, that provided the clicky.

Flame away, fellas.
Old 03-27-2016, 07:34 PM
Banned

edit: Wyntir also vehemently refused proper compensation for his efforts...talk about a good guy!
Closed Thread