Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Raid Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Default Spirit of Scale

There's been a lot of talk about using spirit of Scale for the tov and kael races to reduce clickies. It seems quite a few people want this. This post is to encourage server staff to make an edit to the rules, should there be no pushback from any participating guilds.
Old 04-28-2016, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

I'm in favor of Scale in Kael (removes levitate ring exploit).

ToV I understand the motivation behind it. But there are also other issues to consider.

It will improve the situation for WToV, Doze, Ikatiar, Eashen, Aaryonar and maybe Feshlak/Dagarn. But targets beyond that point require DAs to get to usually. If Spirit of Scale is allowed, for those early targets scale people will win. But for the back targets people will still have racers with SoW who do the rile spam/jumping and DA clicks to get to.

So I'm fine if that becomes a rule, but I still foresee people selecting to use SoW + Rile Spam for deep in NToV targets.

Could also add a Rile spam ban if you were looking to even the playing fields, because that crown is definitely an advantage right now in the races.
Old 04-28-2016, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm in favor of Scale in Kael (removes levitate ring exploit).

ToV I understand the motivation behind it. But there are also other issues to consider.

It will improve the situation for WToV, Doze, Ikatiar, Eashen, Aaryonar and maybe Feshlak/Dagarn. But targets beyond that point require DAs to get to usually. If Spirit of Scale is allowed, for those early targets scale people will win. But for the back targets people will still have racers with SoW who do the rile spam/jumping and DA clicks to get to.

So I'm fine if that becomes a rule, but I still foresee people selecting to use SoW + Rile Spam for deep in NToV targets.

Could also add a Rile spam ban if you were looking to even the playing fields, because that crown is definitely an advantage right now in the races.
There is no exploit to Lev Ringing. All it did was make it so in zones like VP, where you HAVE to have levitate, you could click off your levitate and then jump a few times and click back on levitate to get over lava or whatever obstacle. It does not "push you forward" or exploit anything unless jumping is now an exploit.
Old 04-28-2016, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

If they don't do anything it should be no problem banning their use then.

And I don't think anyone is sayings Jumping is an exploit. But someone with a crown of rile has a clear advantage due to unlimited jumps over someone who doesn't. As you said you thought the intent of the rule changes was the even the playing field. I think banning crown of rile spam would help do that a bit for the guilds not named BDA, Awakened and Aftermath. The others have never killed a VP dragon to my knowledge.
Old 04-28-2016, 02:16 PM
Sarnak

i am for it, i am also for removing non LoS pulling methods/rile spam. I think if you are guaranteed to lose because you don't have a VP item (which will soon be just as much a mess with people not used to this whole race/pull system flooding in there ), then it doesn't really help with leveling the playing field.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:38 AM
Planar Protector

NM lewl
Last edited by Detoxx; 05-03-2016 at 01:46 AM..
Old 05-03-2016, 09:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NM lewl
right, obviously the GMs are not interested in that change. It sure would take care of people using their lull through walls tactics to get FTEs.
Old 05-03-2016, 11:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bktroost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
right, obviously the GMs are not interested in that change. It sure would take care of people using their lull through walls tactics to get FTEs.
through walls lull pretty lame salad with salt dressing. guy didn't even leave the line afaik, i was way behind mani and even fell off the ledge and didn't see the person who cast that Telk FTE.
Old 05-03-2016, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kileras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
through walls lull pretty lame salad with salt dressing. guy didn't even leave the line afaik, i was way behind mani and even fell off the ledge and didn't see the person who cast that Telk FTE.
Hmm? I'm a little confused by the "not leaving the line" comment. Doesn't that mean he didn't race at all? Do you have any footage to help us understand what you are referring to? If there is something that the GMs should see that needs to be reworked this is the forum for change.
Old 05-03-2016, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

Telkorenar and Gozzrem can be lulled from the cubbies in the 4-way. Lull pulls I'm not a huge fan of. Mainly because it's a big RNG factor. Foot racing has a little tactic involved. But lull is just complete RNG on whether you get a critical or not.

Dunno if you were being sarcastic... But Scale in no way would prevent lull pulls. Once you get into the cubby you stop moving and change to casting lull over and over
Closed Thread