Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 10:33 AM
Planar Protector

Default There's no case for new blue server (ie recycle)

So people yet again fail to get the bigger picture.

We got 7 years of awesome kunark/pre-kunark experience,

Then velious is released and now after less than a year of velious with still overpriced 2 million plat White Dragon Helm etc, people actually want to re-run a new server?

To me that just implies a velious failure.
Majority has not even seen ntov yet, or sleeper, haste mask clicky quest, shawl quest or completed dain 10 ring quest.

Why do people want to quit velious this early? Whats the point of all Devs work with velious if people wont even experience it in full?

I wanna see 100k White Dragon Helms, ring 10, shawl quest, sleeper Avatar weapons on majority before we actually start anything 'new' again.

So ya Devs you might wanna think twice before you crash this server with a new green server, and respect that we could need at least 2-3 years until most people actually get to sleeper etc. I know many argue that a new server doesnt affect this server. Well it does, it will move the population from p1999 blue to green .

EQ dies when the people disappear. Thats why World of Warcraft killed EQ, the people moved from EQ to World of Warcraft. This is a fact.
Old 05-13-2016, 10:36 AM
Planar Protector

Probably because no one but ~200 people in two guilds have seen much of Velious in the past 8 months.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 05-13-2016, 10:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably because no one but ~200 people in two guilds have seen much of Velious in the past 8 months.
Counterpoint nobody but a select few saw VP, the endgame zone, in the kunark era.
Old 05-13-2016, 10:40 AM
Planar Protector

I think I saw a dragon once... for a few seconds...
Old 05-13-2016, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArumTP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Counterpoint nobody but a select few saw VP, the endgame zone, in the kunark era.
we shall write on your tombstone, "One of the Select Few to See Project 1999 Velious North Temple of Veeshan Pixel Dragons and Loot Thereof"
Old 05-13-2016, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

Raev - I want a new MDS Solo Artist challenge

make it so !
Old 05-13-2016, 10:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think I saw a dragon once... for a few seconds...
Serves you right for trying to zone into ToV when your betters are fighting mobs at the entrance.

Juevento - Druid <Free Agent>
Old 05-13-2016, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArumTP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because no one got enough keys before Velious launched. Maybe 1 guild per server had enough and VP was pretty unforgiving with no foreknowledge of it's mechanics.

The guild I was in on RZ didn't even bother going back to VP but a handful of times after Velious.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 05-13-2016, 10:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
I've thought about this too. But, apart from some neat clickies and a handful of BIS gear, VP really wasn't game-breaking. Even if you had every item from VP, you weren't substantially better (gear-wise) than someone in a casual guild.

That does not hold true in Velious, as there is a stark difference b/w NTOV/Doze/Top-end Kael items and the items someone in a casual guild can achieve.

Secondly, Velious does not have a ton to do if you aren't in a raiding guild. It is also not as immersive a world as classic, or even kunark. As far as the dungeons go, Velks does an OK job of replacing sebilis, with the only problem being that sebilis actually had BIS gear in Kunark and velks doesn't come close). SG does a poor job of replacing HS (it is fun and challenging but there are like 2-3 items worth getting and they all drop from a super rare/random spawn mob with a minor dragon-difficulty PH). DN is similar to chardok for me, and it does a nice job of replacing it.

That being said, I disagree with OP. EQ, without PVP, becomes a boring game when there is no more content to be released, especially when you consider Velious' bleakness outside its top raid zones. A fresh server would be amazing.
Old 05-13-2016, 11:02 AM
Planar Protector

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juevento [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Serves you right for trying to zone into ToV when your betters are fighting mobs at the entrance.
IKR?! what was I thinking going to work, paying bills, taking care of responsibilities & attempting to have a better life? Surely, pixels was the proper choice and I must seek penance for such atrocities.
Closed Thread