Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 05:08 AM
Large Bat

Default Returning cleric from original EQ launch - how are raids on P1999?

Exploring the possibility of leveling a cleric to end game. I played EQ back pre Kunark and remember camping CT for Rubicite, High Priestess for the gold ring, etc, tons of Lower Guk and Unrest, and eventually ended up in PoF and PoH. Even had a manastone. Something about EQs crudeness and slower less frantic pace than modern MMOs is just striking nostalgia with me.

Last night I was looking for a group at level 6 for Crushbone or something and there was nobody on to group with.

So this has me concerned about end game. How feasible is it going to be in P1999 to do PoF/PoH and gear out in full Ethereal Mist as a cleric?

Does anybody still do this content? I didn't see anything for "fear" "hate" "poh" "pof" in the raid sub forum so I'm wondering if I should bother?
Old 05-28-2016, 09:55 PM
Sarnak

Plane of Hate and Fear are still done on this server but big targets are usually taken out by the big guilds fairly quickly when they spawn. Other targets are still available though if you are interested in Plane of Sky or Plane of Hate. There are certain zones people pretty much always level in. Get passed your newbie levels and head to unrest at about 14. I would stay in unrest until 20 and then move to Mistmoore. You can level there until about 35 at which time you may need to get creative. Possibly go to Dreadlands, FV, SolB, or solo Unrest Hag Tower if they still give good exp. After 40 you can head to the City of Mist and level until about 50 (maybe 48 or 49 as a cleric) and then head to KC. Unrest and Mistmoore are usually extremely crowded and it may be tough to find a group as there are only like 4 places people camp in the Mistmoore (Pond level - 20-27, Graveyard - level 26-35, Castle Entrance - level 35+, and Courtyard - level 35+ ) and Unrest (Yard - level 14-16, Main Room - level 16-22, Fireplace - level 22-30?, and Basement - level 30+). Hope this helps.
Old 05-29-2016, 12:42 PM
Fire Giant

Raids in P99 are a nightmare of competing poopsocker egos and MultiQuest profiteering.
Old 05-29-2016, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Raids in P99 are a nightmare of competing poopsocker egos and MultiQuest profiteering.
^^

save yourself now
Old 05-29-2016, 01:07 PM
Fire Giant

Buy my zordak hearts
Old 05-29-2016, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only way to enjoy raiding is with people you know in a casual setting.
Old 05-29-2016, 01:30 PM
Kobold

People cry way too much on this server. There are literally 5-6 guilds you get to choose from to fit your raiding style. If you want chill quest with kunark era raids/lower tier velious, there are guilds. If you want sky/hate/fear, there are guilds. If you want hardcore endgame velious there are guilds. The raid scene options are actually quite good, people just cry because they want to be spoon fed their ideal scenario, anything less induces lvl 100 baby rage. So to answer your question OP, yes, people still do every facet of content, you got options buddy.
Old 05-29-2016, 02:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only way to enjoy raiding is with people you know in a casual setting.
Which is what I'm doing, for the most part, but it's still frustrating when we can't get our shamans, druids, rangers, wizards, enchanters, bards, etc. their epics because the Fear golems, Venril Sathir, Cabilis vessel, Dragons, Cazic Thule, etc. are perma-camped or zerged to death, by people who have alts camped at every major raid location, minutes after spawning.
Old 05-29-2016, 07:24 PM
Banned

People critical of the raid scene tend to inflate it's faults while people defending it completely downplay them. The rampant MQing is really the only thing on p99 that I don't remember from original classic-velious era endgame.
Old 05-29-2016, 07:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People critical of the raid scene tend to inflate it's faults while people defending it completely downplay them. The rampant MQing is really the only thing on p99 that I don't remember from original classic-velious era endgame.
I have to agree. If MQing was disabled here I think (I certainly hope) there'd be quest mobs left up.

Doing my own rogue epic was a nightmare because MQers wouldn't let me go ahead of them (Calabee, who RMTd and cashed out...was one of the biggest blockers). If not for Liia who did let me do the part in Lake Rathe when he spawned, it would have been even more of a pain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread