Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 01:16 PM
Kobold

Default Exploit This Scenario

1) If you are on the aggro list for a boss mob when it dies your account gets a lockout flag for that boss for N hours/days/whatever
2) If you "violate" that flag by entering the same boss's aggro list before the flag runs out, you are banished from zone (a-la vox/nag)
3) Spawn times of boss mobs can be sped up now

Totally not classic so moot, but how would you exploit this?

How extensive is a boss aggro list? Obviously big enough for an entire raid...
Old 06-15-2016, 01:18 PM
Fire Giant

Run raid boss by another raid causing them to get lockouts before you kill? Kappa
Old 06-15-2016, 01:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKoopa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Run raid boss by another raid causing them to get lockouts before you kill? Kappa
Good one. So end result is both raids getting locked out, but the "exploiters" (probably) getting the loot. Due to higher boss pop rate, this could be exploited multiple times (back and forth) more often, but would it happen at that rate? Hrm...
Old 06-15-2016, 01:22 PM
Fire Giant

Would make tagging faction hits on someone else's mob difficult. Also wouldn't apply to anyone who can drop aggro (sk, nec, monk, people who port out or /q the faction hit). Also with a lot of AE mobs, there is a high chance for false positives. Pullers from other guild still on aggro from pull, people near by getting hit by AoE, etc.

Think it would definitely create more problems than it would solve.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would make tagging faction hits on someone else's mob difficult. Also wouldn't apply to anyone who can drop aggro (sk, nec, monk, people who port out or /q the faction hit).
If you are saying faction harvesting would be more difficult, yes. But so what? (Unless I misunderstand you) Faction harvesting is a pretty wonky mechanic that people have "developed".
Quote:
Also with a lot of AE mobs, there is a high chance for false positives. Pullers from other guild still on aggro from pull, people near by getting hit by AoE, etc. Think it would definitely create more problems than it would solve.
I'm not 100% sure I know what you're getting at. If you get hit by Naggy's AE, you're probably on Naggy's raid. The radius is not THAT large. Does getting HIT by his AE even mean you are on his agg list?

I'm trying to think of a scenario where someone who gets on Naggy's aggro list (Not picking on you, Nag, seriously! Love you big guy!) wouldn't be trying to kill him. (Previous poster mentioned one)

I guess in places like WW where there are lots of boss-like mobs, training them on another group (popping their flags and possibly even banishing them) would be an issue.
Last edited by Dinbin; 06-15-2016 at 01:45 PM..
Old 06-15-2016, 02:16 PM
Aviak

It would encourage poopsockers to Chardok AE themselves even more alts to contest all pops.
Old 06-15-2016, 02:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzni [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It would encourage poopsockers to Chardok AE themselves even more alts to contest all pops.
They'd have to be on different accounts.
Old 06-15-2016, 02:19 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinbin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They'd have to be on different accounts.
I doubt most hardcore players have more than one character on an account. Hell, I'm about as casual as they come, but my alt is on a different account.
Closed Thread