Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 05:35 PM
Sarnak

Default Do I Dare?

Hi Everyone!

It's been a very long time since I even thought about the good old days of EQ... I recently stumbled upon AC Gamer, Thoom and Sirken's videos on YouTube and I'm ashamed to say that those phantom pangs from my youth returned. I'm itching to start up again but am afraid of the time commitment necessary to really enjoy the game. What kind of short play sessions are folks having and still getting enjoyment? Is hoping to play an hour or so a few days a week totally a waste of time?

Back in the day my friends and I had managed to get stable of lvl 60's we would "share". I've played lvl 60 Druid, Wizard, Warrior, Shaman, and Mage all the way through Luclin when I quit. From others who played back in the day, did you enjoy going back to the classes you played or did you try something new out?

Are there any drastic shortages of any classes in game? I'm considering an Enchanter but I did love being a high level Shaman...

All the best and can't wait to hear back!
Old 06-21-2016, 07:00 PM
Kobold

I'm also a casual player (maybe an hour or two per day averaged, some days I do 4 hours then don't log on for a week), I hit 60 on my enchanter in a little less than a year of casual play and I got my epic (thanks to Earthquakes and luck). It's still very, very enjoyable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-21-2016, 07:37 PM
Fire Giant

I've been playing here since 2009. Throughout that time I've gone through the hardcore raiding to just a few hours a week. No matter what playtime you have, you should find this an enjoyable experience [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Currently, I play maybe 6 hours a week and still enjoy the time I get to play.
Old 06-21-2016, 07:43 PM
Sarnak

Many of us playing here play casual hours. You'll be fine. Sham is one of the most populous classes, alongside Monk and druid. Enchanter is always in demand.

Life's hard when you're stupid.
Old 06-22-2016, 10:18 AM
Sarnak

Took the plunge and got everything kind of set up. Having some issues with getting things to the right sizes maybe because of Windows10 and the 4k screen on my laptop.

Even through the display issues I made myself a HE Ench and a lovely necro killing guards hooked me up with 20 Plat for my first spells. If anyone sees me on (Lobus) feel free to drop me a tell and say hi!

Also, is there a good zone/exp route to take? with ~1000-2000 people on the server at any one time I'll probably want to stick where the people are.

-Lobus
Old 06-22-2016, 12:31 PM
Sarnak

(not sure if my posts are being moderated before being posted or if my reply was lost to the interwebs so I'm trying again and if it double posts I'll delete one)

Thanks for all the feedback folks! I took the plunge and get everything installed best I could. Seems like the both WinEQ2 and the client don't really like Windows 10 and/or my 4k laptop monitor so the sizing is really off so I'll have to figure that all out before I can really get down to playing.

However I could not resist and I created a High Elf Enchanter (Named Lobus obviously) and got it up to lvl 2. A kind necro hunting the guards gave me 20 plat to get my spells but man is it different to be a total newb again. I've only ever started really fresh when I first started so it's a bit jarring but the fun is totally back. Love it so far!

Any pointers I should be mindful of? Is there a best practice leveling zone progression where others will be to make it easy to find groups?

Feel free to shoot me a /tell in game on Lobus. Can't wait to meet everyone!

-L
Old 06-23-2016, 05:16 PM
Sarnak

For populated zones as an Elf: Gfay > Crushbone > Unrest > Mistmoore

There are *tons* of leveling guides, per-level hunting guides, money making guides, and much more on the P99 Wiki.

Life's hard when you're stupid.
Old 06-23-2016, 08:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutsumo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For populated zones as an Elf: Gfay > Crushbone > Unrest > Mistmoore

There are *tons* of leveling guides, per-level hunting guides, money making guides, and much more on the P99 Wiki.
This. Crushbone is the best low level dungeon, and you can turn in belts and pads in kaladim for great exp. From 12-19 you can do Oasis if you'd like to be by EC. Or 12-16 go kill wisps in NK and do the research aide quest for great plat rewards.
Kill Mulder, we take the risk of turning one man's quest into a crusade.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:58 PM
Orc

While I didn't get to group with Lobus tonight, it was nice seeing him in game & helping him with his mousespeed. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-24-2016, 09:54 AM
Sarnak

Thanks for all the responses folks!

I'm up to lvl 7 now and a random Iksar came by demanding loyalty to CT. Next thing I know he hands over a GBS! This server is soooo much better than what I remember EQ being like back in the day.

Anyway, see ya'll in game and if anyone has any lowbie equipment they can spare or sell for cheap (up to 50pp in the back thanks to CB belts) let me know!

All the best,
-L
Closed Thread