Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 01:54 AM
Sarnak

Default Blued Two-Handed Hammer Not Classic

The title says it all I suppose. I do not know if this has been covered before, but I just recently started on p1999.

The " visiting Priestess " Quest for this item was in game since beta in 1998, however it was broken until the Spring of 2001 when verant fixed dozens of old broken quests. Quest text was added and an NPC was added to Mistmoore so it could be completed.

The Item existed in game, but was only given out once by GM's when Lady Vox was killed for the first time. Verant had not yet populated her loot table because they did not believe anyone would kill her so soon after release, so they gave out a myriad of items to the people who killed her ( I forget the guild(s) name(s) ).

Many people would argue that since the quest was created during original everquest, and was only "broken" That it's truely classic. I can see that point of view. However, we really have no idea why it was broken. Did they feel it was too powerful? Maybe so, but who really knows for sure?

The simple fact is, The " a Fallen Noble " that spawns in Castle Mistmoore near the fountain, is NOT classic. Nor is the Quest item it drops ( blood), Nor the Is the " Noble's Robes". This Mob was added in early 2001 to complete the quest.

Since this mob is not classic, it should not be on the P99 server, which would break the quest, making the Hammer un-obtainable.

10 minutes on allakhazam doing research can provide all the information you need. Look up the hammer, the staves, the priestess, the noble's robes... It was pretty common knowledge that the crystal staves were needed for a quest, which was broke.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:37 PM
Sarnak

I sure nobody cares since kunark 2hers make this pretty much obsolete, but the fact remains, it shouldnt be in game.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:41 PM
Project Manager

Bump.

Is this classic or not? More opinions, specifics (dates). With the pvp server coming up, if this isn't classic, it will be removed.

For p99: If it isn't classic, yet some were given out on live in gm events, I'll allow the existing ones to remain, but make the quest no longer function.
Last edited by nilbog; 10-04-2011 at 08:48 PM..
Old 10-05-2011, 03:10 AM
Planar Protector

Not classic, as far as the noble

The quest was way broken as it was one of those fabled rumor'd items you only heard speculation about.

I know for the fact the noble never existed bc I spent ALOT of time in Mistmoore lvling up in classic and then returning in Kunark to reap the rewards of the little known dhampyre camp and sold the HBC's for 10K because no one knew an item like that dropped in Mistmoore. People almost couldnt believe the stats which I had to type out because there was no item linking.

MM was never camped and I cleared the fountain area dozens of time and never saw a fallen noble. In fact when i came to this server I was puzzled when I saw how common she was and wondered why I never came across her in one of my many visits to Mistmoore.

However since the quest pieces existed and like 70% of the quest was in game in classic but the quest itself was broken I dont necessarily see it as a bad thing that its working properly now because its still a difficult item to obtain. If anything just make the noble spawn way more rare than it currently is.

Erati Soulshatter
Bristlebane Old Skool Wiz of RoV
Old 10-05-2011, 03:27 AM
Planar Protector

nobles robes good pvp gear
Old 10-05-2011, 12:42 PM
Project Manager

K, so if it wasn't completable without the noble, when's the first date for the noble?
Old 10-05-2011, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

omg noooo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

don't take the blued hammer away; how will my new cleric joust? :P
Old 10-05-2011, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

Doesn't seem to be much about the noble prior to 2002.

Even noble's robes...no comment until April 2001 on zam:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/i...98635723362772
Quote:
Rather weak... I do hope it's for a new quest...
Old 10-06-2011, 09:53 AM
Project Manager

Yep the earliest dates I see associated with it are early 2001.

The earliest so far On: 3/28/2001 2:01:36 AM

http://web.archive.org/web/20010710193122/http://everlore.com/bestiary/beastdetails.asp?mode=show&BID=376187

So, I'm down with removing the fallen noble till Velious, thus breaking it on p99 until that time. Existing hammers can remain due to being distributed at gm events. Additionally, it won't be available on the pvp server till that time.

I do not feel a proccing item which didn't exist prior to Velious should be around till it historically should. Especially for pvp.
Last edited by nilbog; 10-06-2011 at 09:56 AM..
Old 10-06-2011, 06:37 PM
Sarnak

Thanks for taking a look at this Nilbog

Just for to make you feel a little better

From patch notes

------------------------------
March 27, 2001 2:00 am
------------------------------

*Quest*

Several new quests have been added as well, so don't be afraid to talk
to the folks of Norrath, they might have new information for you.

- The EverQuest Team

I know this is vague, and it mentions "new" quests, however new could simply mean new to the servers. which broken ones could be included.

It also begs to be connected to the robes being listed on one of the old sites the very next day.

A post from 2008 on the safehouse forums talking about old school quests:

Posted: 01-04-08, 12:41 AM #15
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The old school questing did add an element of mystery to the game, with useless items, odd keywords, and strange npcs giving the promise of being the first to complete a hidden quest. Unfortunately, there were so damn many bugged and unfinished quests that they more than canceled out the mystery. Just how many years did it take for the blued two handed hammer to be fixed?

A post on P99 forums from 2010:

07-14-2010, 07:51 PM
doacleric
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There were 50+ page threads on Everlore about dozens of broken quests back in the day. I remember spending hours just reading about all the speculation about how to complete the "blued two handed hammer" quest. Everyone thought they were missing something obvious. Turns out, the quest was simply broken. It was eventually fixed a few years later, but IMO, not the way the original developers had intended.

You get the idea =)
Last edited by Brinkman; 10-06-2011 at 06:47 PM..
Closed Thread