Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 10:40 PM
Orc

Default Class help

Relatively new, not that new. A few months. I have gotten a monk, a mage, and a paladin to 30's, nothing seems to fit, either im doing stuff 100% of the time, or none of the time.

Is there a good middle ground class?
Old 07-14-2016, 10:50 PM
Sarnak

Druid is an awesome class to consider, manard. You can do pretty much everything fairly well and make a ton of money porting (plus it is nice to be so mobile and able to explore every corner of the game). The only drawback is difficulty finding groups at high levels (low 50's and on forward).
Old 07-15-2016, 02:47 AM
Fire Giant

I'd think Paladin would be that middle ground class. You basically tank and cast heals, roots or stuns.

Warrior might be good if you'd like to still tank but don't want to heal or use roots to CC.

Rogue is good if you only want to DPS.

The other Melee are all involved in pulling which is the opposite of what you want.
INT casters are either all in (ench, necro) or all out (mage, wiz).
WIS casters are either all in (sham) or all out (clr, dru).

This is assuming you are talking about grouping.
Kill Mulder, we take the risk of turning one man's quest into a crusade.
Old 07-15-2016, 04:04 AM
Fire Giant

Consider ranger. It's a good middle ground class.
Old 07-15-2016, 04:27 AM
Planar Protector

I hate to say it because server doesn't need anymore but shaman is the middle ground.

Mage - summons
Paladin - heals+buffs
Monk - pulls/dps

smells like shaman to me.
Old 07-15-2016, 05:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hate to say it because server doesn't need anymore but shaman is the middle ground.
A shaman is always doing something. I'm usually doing 3 to 5 things at once on my shaman. I don't have time to afk I juggle so many things. I'm not sure where that is anything close to middle ground. I suppose if you're one of those lazy, mediocre shaman you could make that claim....

I'd agree with a druid/ranger as a middle ground class.
Old 07-15-2016, 05:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDawg816 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A shaman is always doing something. I'm usually doing 3 to 5 things at once on my shaman. I don't have time to afk I juggle so many things. I'm not sure where that is anything close to middle ground. I suppose if you're one of those lazy, mediocre shaman you could make that claim....
This isnt RnF cool it.

Shaman is the exact middle ground for all three of these classes. Look at my initial post and stop worrying about how people play the game.
What you said is even what I said. Shaman's can do a lot of different things. They can do a bit of each of the three classes op listed. If that isn't middle ground then I don't know what is.
Ranger and druid are NOT middle ground between those three classes. I'm not saying op wouldn't enjoy them but they're not what op asked for.

Necromancer is another option as middle ground between those classes.
Last edited by Baler; 07-15-2016 at 05:12 AM..
Old 07-15-2016, 05:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This isnt RnF cool it.

Shaman is the exact middle ground for all three of these classes. Look at my initial post and stop worrying about how people play the game.
What you said is even what I said. Shaman's can do a lot of different things. They can do a bit of each of the three classes op listed. If that isn't middle ground then I don't know what is.
Ranger and druid are NOT middle ground between those three classes. I'm not saying op wouldn't enjoy them but they're not what op asked for.

Necromancer is another option as middle ground between those classes.
The OP was complaining about those 3 classes. The way I understood it was he was either busy all the time (pulling/tanking) or sitting around hitting pet attack. Druid and ranger would be middle ground in that they are more utility. Maybe that's not what he meant though?

As for my comment about shaman... I was saying that if a shaman were middle ground (based on my interpretation of his question) then they would be a mediocre shaman. It wasn't aimed at you specifically.
Old 07-15-2016, 07:44 AM
Planar Protector

ah I see. I apologize then for being so rude. I took it from the opposite extreme point of view. You have valid points then. my bad
:embarrassed:
Last edited by Baler; 07-15-2016 at 07:46 AM..
Old 07-15-2016, 08:00 AM
Fire Giant

It's all good. Internet communication isn't known for being 100% accurate. I can see how you could have read it that way though.
Closed Thread