Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 12:09 PM
Skeleton

Default Your doing Discord and Pvp generally wrong

I just signed up for this a few weeks ago and love that classic everquest is in existence. I went through hell trying to find similar games!
However, I was disappointed to see the population on the pvp server so low, and even moreso when I logged in and the only people I found were giving out items and buffs and ports and power levels just to push people to end game
I grew up on Rallos Zek pre-Kunark and this is not the hardcore mmo I remember.

Rather than doing a discord server, I think it would be more wise to revamp the pvp server as it is. Use Rallos Zek's model, any level, any time, any place. One item loot, no weapons or bags.
Social interaction becomes dramatic, you see somebody naked running around, they are either a wizard in disguise waiting to nuke somebody, a mule, a noob, looking for their corpse. With such a high cost of getting pk'd and the high reward of pk'ing, you develop a reputation. My cousin was so infamous people would shout "singood in zone" and people would bag their gear automatically.
Newbies will be camped, this pressures them to explore, to chat, to delve deeper into the game and savor the rewards of leveling and in turn bully some newbies after reaching supreme power of... level 10?

If you want to do a discord server, do it ON THIS SERVER, make an announcement that for two weeks, all characters will be disabled and everyone will be allowed one Discord Character and only one discord character, for those two weeks. Winner is rewarded by being allowed to keep that character once normality returns, with maybe an item or skin to represent their godliness. All others will be wiped from the slate.

Do other events. Make an announcement that say in two months, for two months, we will go from the Rallos Zek model to the Talon Zek model. Shorties become allied, gnomes, halflings, and dwarves cannot attack eachother, and are allied against the Dark elves, trolls, and ogres, other allies are the elves, wood, high, and half. Humans, Erudites, and barbarians. Make events like this coin loot only so that people may enjoy without the harsh penalties of the normal Rallos Zek model.

These events will keep the server fresh and fun and encourage alts to flourish.
Item loot and no level restriction for pvp will keep loot RARE and encourage people to quest and visit lower level zones.

To help balance in twinks and guilds, make high level buffs decay much faster on lower level people. Skin of Diamond and Chloroplast your level 15 twink alt to go wack newbies all day long, ok well the buffs will only last for 5-8 minutes because the person was 35 levels higher than the target when casted. This will keep fair gameplay, as I see high level buffs the only real thing making it hard for newcomers to such an environment. Gear twinks won't be a problem, because... well... high risk high reward right? Don't get caught slipping and lose it.

As it stands with too heavily farmed servers and people just pushing newcomers to "level up" it doesn't hold the nostalgic feel of oldschool everquest. Newbie zones aren't populated, gear is handed out, people have made it too easy by being carebeared theirselves and don't even realize it. There is hardly a difference in the pvp and normal server as I see it, and since trying Cabal, Darkfall Unholy Wars, playing very competitive games like League of Legends and Dota, people will complain all day long in a toxic, hardcore community.... but will also LOVE IT. This hardcore unforgiving gameplay is what people on a PVP server WANT. what is pvp on coin loot within 4 levels??? nothing. it is nothing.
Closed Thread