Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 12:43 AM
Fire Giant

Default Mage Pet 50% Exp Reduction Gone?

I'm going to test this a few more times, but I had been working completely on the assumption that if you don't reclaim your pet first and then kill the mob, that you would receive 50% of the actual exp you would normally get (if you don't deal more damage than your pet).

I just killed a yellow con avaiak harrier in south karana with my fire pet up and received the exact same % as I did when I reclaimed my pet first and then finished the harrier.

The only reason I can think of why I didn't receive the exp penalty is because I healed my pet for 300 health. Is it possible that If you heal for more than your pet deals damage you receive no exp penalty? (I was using a fire pet, so most of the damage was DS and I'm sure that doesnt get attributed to my pet's damage).

Thoughts?
Old 08-25-2016, 12:47 AM
Fire Giant

Tested again. Same result.
Old 08-25-2016, 01:02 AM
Fire Giant

DS counts as neutral damage. If it was yellow, your pet probably missed a bit. Were you nuking at all or just healing?
Old 08-25-2016, 02:03 AM
Fire Giant

Only healing
Old 08-25-2016, 03:47 AM
Fire Giant

Interesting...
Old 08-25-2016, 04:46 AM
Planar Protector

How much xp did you get from the kills? There is a limit to how much xp you can receive at a time from a mob. Perhaps this was a factor

Alternatively, yellow is 1 or 2 levels above you. Maybe the Harrier you 'soloed' was a lower yellow than the ones you 'duoed'?

Did you have anyone else in group, perhaps even a green con player or someone out of zone (someone who ported you perhaps)? Maybe these factors could have an effect.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:34 AM
Fire Giant

Months ago, I read that the pet exp penalty was removed at some point prior to our current point on the timeline. I've assumed this is the case thus far when soloing.

The max xp you can receive from a single kill is 11%. Did you hit that limit?
Old 08-25-2016, 03:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How much xp did you get from the kills? There is a limit to how much xp you can receive at a time from a mob. Perhaps this was a factor

Alternatively, yellow is 1 or 2 levels above you. Maybe the Harrier you 'soloed' was a lower yellow than the ones you 'duoed'?

Did you have anyone else in group, perhaps even a green con player or someone out of zone (someone who ported you perhaps)? Maybe these factors could have an effect.
The one to 2 levels seems to be possible, but i tried it like 4 times last night with the same result with all yellow mobs.

I was grouped with NO others.

Also, I was only earning 2% per kill. Maybe it was just because of rounding issues?
Old 08-26-2016, 04:58 AM
Fire Giant

For a yellow you should get more xp than 2% in your 20ties. I think you had the 50% penalty. I am getting 2% per kill at level 23 while killing level 19 mobs. You should get 4% at least for yellows.
Old 08-27-2016, 03:38 AM
Planar Protector

Perhaps he 50% penalty is kicking in even when you eat your pet before finishing off the mob? I dunno. Seems odd.
Closed Thread