Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Ever done/experienced this?
Yes 5 45.45%
No 3 27.27%
bsh/twr 9 81.82%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2016, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

Default Randomness: Relief In Sketches

Anyone else ever find relief in drawing random designs and later wonder why or where they came from? Feels like my brain goes to sleep or something and It is super refreshing. Even helps manage headaches.

Thoughts
Old 09-15-2016, 03:15 PM
Banned

Sounds likedrawing is a form of meditation for you

Have you tried those adult coloring books? They r surging in popularity cause they help ppl deal with stress and anxiety in a healthy way.

Personally I find my zen through spamming shit posts on p99 foruma
Old 09-15-2016, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds likedrawing is a form of meditation for you

Have you tried those adult coloring books? They r surging in popularity cause they help ppl deal with stress and anxiety in a healthy way.

Personally I find my zen through spamming shit posts on p99 foruma
No, I've never enjoyed working with color. Too many choices. Even when I was little, I preferred drawing with pencils to coloring. Though, may just not have given it enough of a chance.
Old 09-15-2016, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

The emergence of artistic ability following traumatic brain injury

not trying to say you have brain damage, just pointing out that there is a real scientific relation to art and healing/dealing with things.... maybe this article doesnt fully encapsulate this idea ....

possibly irrelevant but cool imo nonetheless - cbs - A blind artist's altruistic vision
Old 09-15-2016, 08:09 PM
Planar Protector

Random designs? nnnnnooooo I can't say I've done that anytime recent, not for a lot of years. When I draw I usually make 3D modeling reference images, concept drawings and textures. I usually do this with my wacom tablet and paint shop pro. Though PSP isn't as nice as it use to be, it's become more like photoshop which is a lot of useless stuff for what I use it for, photoshop being more for "photos" etc (I've used it quite a bit in the past). PSP also removed their animation tools some years back, quite disturbing. But there are other apps for stuff like that, like Synfig Studio or aseprite, being free apps those. Though aseprite is only free if you compile it yourself (it's legal to), otherwise they take payment for the compiled exe and for support.

I haven't worked on any drawing projects this year yet though. My last one was a building draft last year, just some A-frame drafts. I've been back into practicing lately though, but it takes a back of the bus seat to music and programming stuff still.

But no, drawing doesn't do that for me, it can even be very frustrating at times. But you are talking more doodling type stuff. I get that more out of music, especially messing around with more abstract compositions. Like say working in drones, space music or ambients. I suppose much like doodling, but with sounds.
Old 09-16-2016, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

From elementary school, I used to do this with tests, and teachers would scold me for it. Not necessarily "random," per se, because if you looked at them just right, there was an predetermined image there.
Old 09-16-2016, 11:17 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone else ever find relief in drawing random designs and later wonder why or where they came from? Feels like my brain goes to sleep or something and It is super refreshing. Even helps manage headaches.

Thoughts
Did this as a kid and ended up being taken to a shrink when my teachers showed the sketches to my parents.

Would not recommend
Old 09-16-2016, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, it is all abstract. Never been a fan of abstract art and don't actually care for anything I create this way. Just more of an enjoyable process. I recall doodling when I was little, but that was more purposeful and out of boredom. This is like more intuitive and a reprieve from activity.
Old 09-16-2016, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

are most people's Pineal Gland unable to tap into the "Cosmic Internet"/flow?/chi?/soft-zone ala "Ancient Aliens" theory... and is this related to meditative genius/arts... and ....

ok, upon a short crawl, reading about stuff im typing.... Sex, Drugs, Einstein, and Elves is a book i come across... and i lol... has anyone read this book and is this forum an A.I. experiment based on it? (i have not read it)
Closed Thread