Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 03:19 AM
Fire Giant

Default How does Collaboration work ?

Hey guys, I just hit 51 with my enchanter. How does the Collaboration spell work ?

I target a NPC and then cast it on me and I'll be non-Kos to them ?
For example :
- if I cast it after targeting a Drolvarg sentry in KC, I can run everywhere in KC without any trouble ?
- if I cast it after targeting Froglok in Sebilis, I can run everywhere in KC without any trouble ?

Thanks for help !
Old 09-21-2016, 04:11 AM
Fire Giant

It just gives you a faction boost. It won't get you from "scowling" to "dubious" most of the time, so your scenarios are probably (depending on how you treated drolvargs and frogs) not doable. If your faction isn't fucked up completely this spell maybe enough to make things better. Also for some quests you need amiable faction for example. This spell can shorten the time that you need for faction work.
Old 09-21-2016, 06:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxlaurent [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I target a NPC and then cast it on me and I'll be non-Kos to them ?

Thanks for help !
You cast the spell on the NPC, not on yourself. All NPCs on the same faction will get a faction boost until you zone. You may con the mob to see the spell's effect.

As stated, it can typically get you from Threatingly to dubious, but not from Scowling to non-kos. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-21-2016, 02:51 PM
Skeleton

The faction spells just improve your faction temporarily. The biggest use you will find for these are to get better prices from merchants, the ability to do some quests without having to do faction, and being non-kos in a couple of zones.

The best examples of this are:
Sirens Grotto: Cast it on one of the non-animal mobs (the animals are on a different faction) and you can safely swim across the zone (until you ruin your faction past the ability of the spell)
Velketor's Labyrinth: If you give yourself werewolf illusion and cast collaboration you will be non-kos in the zone. This will allow you to explore safely as well as recover corpses that even rogues can't drag due to the see-invis mobs.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:49 AM
Fire Giant

OK I it !
What about Kedge Keep ? I never killed anything in Kedge Keep before, if I cast benevolence on a NPC there, will I be able to explore the zone safely or some mobs will still be KoS ?
Closed Thread