Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 10:57 PM
Fire Giant

Default OMG MAGE FOCUS ITEMS

Is this shit really that rare? Was trying to get the mage water pet focus item. I have slaughtered mages in Najena for a night (got no focus items). Now 3 nights straight in CT slaughtering gators in the pit left and right. I did manage to get 2 brooms to drop but that is it.

Are these items really that rare or am I just unlucky or is there a better spot perhaps?
Old 09-23-2016, 01:19 AM
Skeleton

I think the CT gators is the best place to get them, sounds like you are having some bad luck. Keep trying!
Old 09-23-2016, 01:21 AM
Sarnak

I got 2 sets of all 4 items from the CT gators (the ones in the corridor, specifically) over about a 6 hour period one day, so you are probably just having some bad luck.
Old 09-23-2016, 01:56 AM
Fire Giant

I did finally get the stein tonight and went ahead and called it quits for now. The water pet focus was the main one I wanted. I would have liked earth as well but can't take another day of gators! My 12 mage now has wind and water focus though so that's fun. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-23-2016, 02:31 AM
Banned

If I remember correctly focus items just give more health to the pet, unless you are going for the epic just dont give yourself the heartache
Old 09-23-2016, 05:02 AM
Planar Protector

On red I levelled a character 9-30something in Najena. Admittedly not all of those levels I was killing things that dropped these items and there is xp bonus on red, but in 30 levels I got 3 brooms and that was it.

Najena terribad if you want to farm these intentionally.
Old 09-23-2016, 05:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I remember correctly focus items just give more health to the pet, unless you are going for the epic just dont give yourself the heartache
It gives an extra level and a HP boost (as well as an instant cast reclaim energy). Very golden for Fire pet.
Cerras - Hierophant // Dharkan - Warlock
Kirua - Assassin // Veuve - Gravelord
Tornade - Warder // Fikko - High Priest
Dikkenek - Warlord // Barraki - Crusader
Old 09-23-2016, 01:59 PM
Skeleton

Might want to go back for the torch...when I was leveling my mage I found the fire pet was by far the best until level 50+
Old 09-23-2016, 02:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQBallzz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this shit really that rare? Was trying to get the mage water pet focus item. I have slaughtered mages in Najena for a night (got no focus items). Now 3 nights straight in CT slaughtering gators in the pit left and right. I did manage to get 2 brooms to drop but that is it.

Are these items really that rare or am I just unlucky or is there a better spot perhaps?
I spent 7-8 hours camping all 4 for my semi-twinked mage (Focus and Robe of Elements only). Getting duplicates really sucks. Save yourself some grief and pay the 200p per.

Each focus does something different for each pet:
http://web.archive.org/web/200104140...ocus_Items.htm
Old 09-24-2016, 02:15 PM
Sarnak

Pfft 200pp is overpriced. 100 at best.
Closed Thread