Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 11:11 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Safest way to travel from Qeynos to Freeport

I started playing EQ for the first time and rolled an Erudite Enchanter. I took the boat from Erudin to Qeynos and leveled to level 4. Now I have gathered a couple of stacks of bone chips and would like to travel to Freeport to sell the bone chips and continue my journey from there.
Could anyone recommend me a safe route to get there as a level 4 complete beginner without risking my savings?
Old 11-01-2016, 12:02 PM
Fire Giant

Put all your stuff in the bank and then ask for a free CR port to WC
Old 11-01-2016, 12:18 PM
Sarnak

Ask a druid to give you a port.
Old 11-01-2016, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

In order of difficulty, starting with the least difficult:

1. Qeynos -> Qeynos Hills -> West Karana -> North Karana -> East Karana -> Highpass Hold -> Kithicor Forest -> West Commonlands -> East Commonlands -> West Freeport

2. Qeynos -> Qeynos Hills -> West Karana -> North Karana -> South Karana -> Lake Rathetear -> Rathe Mountains -> Feerrott -> Innothule Swamp -> South Ro -> Oasis -> North Ro -> East Freeport

3. Qeynos -> Qeynos Hills -> West Karana -> North Karana -> East Karana -> Beholder's Maze -> Runnyeye -> Misty Thicket -> Rivervale -> Kithicor Forest -> West Commonlands -> East Commonlands -> West Freeport

Watch out for griffons. And wolves. And hill giants. And evil eyes. And... screw it, just type /who all dial and ask politely for a port - in which case, you're better off heading back to Toxxulia Forest to meet your porter at the druid rings or wizard spires.
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 11-01-2016 at 12:40 PM..
Old 11-01-2016, 12:31 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks for all the replies! I put all my belongings into the bank and scraped enough money together to acquire the Invisiblity Spell. I am currently in Western Karana and hope I'll survive the rest of the way.
Old 11-01-2016, 12:44 PM
Kobold

At this point, you could probably find someone to port you. However if you're playing EQ for the first time, know that this run is considered by most to be a right of passage. It's hard, brutal, and often deadly, but most never forget their first time.
Old 11-01-2016, 01:12 PM
Fire Giant

I'd recommend staying and leveling in Blackburrow til the early teens. I solo'd on my first P99 char (barb shaman) there. Hoarded gnoll fangs til 10ish, turned them in at Halas to hit 14 so I could have Bind Affinity.

Then made the journey on foot since I could bind myself every so often in case you happen to bite it along the way.
Old 11-01-2016, 01:25 PM
Kobold

I've been running that run a lot... Back in my EQ days of yore, and even here on P1999. If you can pop some invis, it helps. Remember that most undead see through it, so con everything as you go.
Old 11-01-2016, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

It very much is a rite of passage to make the Qeynos to NK run. But if you are scared then your best bet is to take the boat back to Erudin and get to tox and get a port from there.

But by now after spending all day I am sure you made it to NK and got your port so this post is pretty much null.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 11-01-2016, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

I also recommend staying at BB until high teens. You will make enough money to get most of your spells without selling bone chips. Hunt gnolls and turn in teeth.

If you must go, the run #1 above is the easiest. The hardest part is crossing HighHold, it's kind of confusing, but it is small at least.

Remember to stay high up on the left wall in Kithicor during the night. I mean, ALL the way up on the left zone wall.

P.S.
I'm jealous of your n00b feels.