Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 10:02 AM
Planar Protector

Thumbs up Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV

So last night, decided to watch Kingsglaive ^^ I popped it in, selected the appropriate for my viewing experience and was soon horrified as I witnessed a striking incongruence between the words my ears heard and those the the characters mouthed. I suffered the oral dissonance until the very end, whereupon my grief was overtaken with the numbing satisfaction of utter confusion and simmering frustrations wrought of all great anime as I wondered what the fuck I just watched.

I decided to get to the bottom of this most egregious production decision though and visited the Special Features to see what I could learn (Google-sama and I are not currently speaking. He thinks it funny to delivery me irrelevant search results that are only ever one of three things: advertisements, YouTube or Reddit). I cannot express the shock when I learned that the English language version of the film starred Cersei fucking Lannister! Needless to say, I'll not be subjecting myself to that shit anytime soon.

Anyone else seen the movie though? Aside from the calamitous fuck-up above, I thought it was pretty good ^^ I liked the dagger skill, where all the melee oriented Glaives like Nyx could warp to their daggers. That was pretty cool ^^ Tentacle implementation was a bit lacking as well :/ I couldn't help but laugh and felt bad for it. I think it was supposed to be serious, but...lol....;n;
Old 11-14-2016, 11:12 AM
Kobold

Yet another example of why I refuse to watch dubbed anime.
Old 11-14-2016, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aMindAmok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yet another example of why I refuse to watch dubbed anime.
Ohhhh, but you misunderstand. I said I chose the appropriate language, hence my horror. The film was animated for a lesser language :c The experience was not unlike watching dubbed anime. I felt dirty when it was finished...
Old 11-14-2016, 11:48 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ohhhh, but you misunderstand. I said I chose the appropriate language, hence my horror. The film was animated for a lesser language :c The experience was not unlike watching dubbed anime. I felt dirty when it was finished...
Ah. Im not Japanese proficient so I've never experienced dubbing of English to Japanese. I imagine it must be just as bad. I know I should just learn Japanese but it's hard without anyone to use it with.